Author Topic: LED question.  (Read 1198 times)

Offline [Insert name here]

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
LED question.
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:55:50 PM »
Hello I'm new here and I have a question about installing a LED using the rumble motor from a 360 controller as a source of power (light comes on when the controller vibrates).

Anyways here it is, If I wanted to install a LED in the guide button of a 360 controller and make it turn on when the controller vibrates, could I not just splice the two wires coming from the LED into the two wires that the rumble motor uses? or do I have to sodder the wire to the contacts on the other side of the board?

I ask this because I just want to keep it really simple, and I also do not own a soddering iron.

Any insight on this would be great, Thanks in advance.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
Re: LED question.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
i guess you could shove 2 wires into the vibration motor plug but it would just be easier to solder it, plus no matter what your going to have to solder the wire to the LED so yeah i cant think of anything else to do to make this any simpler.....

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline [Insert name here]

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »
i guess you could shove 2 wires into the vibration motor plug but it would just be easier to solder it, plus no matter what your going to have to solder the wire to the LED so yeah i cant think of anything else to do to make this any simpler.....
Thanks, but what I was going to do was expose some of the wire (both red and black) coming from the rumble motor and take the wire(s) coming from my LED and "splice" it into the rumble motor wire(s) and then wrap them up in electrical tape.

And I also have away around not soldering the wire to the LED's, although I'm aware it's not best way to do it.

I do have another question tho, how many LED'S could I run of one rumble motor before I have to add resisters? Could I run 2 LED'S off one motor? And before anyone ask I would be using average LED's or what ever kind of LED's I would need to make it work.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:42:23 PM by [Insert name here] »

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »
my best answer is to stick with SMD seeing as they give the best bang for your buck and you can probably put three mayb havent tried it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal