Author Topic: Just a Quick Question?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Just a Quick Question?
« on: April 23, 2008, 05:37:16 AM »
Is it true that with blue leds you don't need a resistor? say for a psp slim trigger mod? heard from some people saying they didn't have to use them.  :confused:

Offline Dannon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Just a Quick Question?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
I've not used any blue LEDs but I think they take about 5v, I think I remember seeing somewhere that the 0603 SMD LEDs were about 5v, so I guess you wouldn't need a resistor, I think red ones are a bit lower, when you buy them though it should tell you somewhere what they take, for example on rswww.com it tells you everything about them

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:28:50 PM »
No you don't need resistors for blue leds

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:21:21 AM »
Thanks for the help guys! I have another question. I have a 191k-ohm resistor, can i use that for the led trigger mod? (not the sound mod, just want the leds in the triggers)

Offline Dannon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're wanting to put the LEDs into the triggers why do you need a resistor, it's no different from putting a blue LED anywhere else it's just you put them into the triggers, take the PSP apart, drill a little hole in each trigger, place the LEDs in, make sure they work, put PSP back together. There's also a tutorial for that hanging around here somewhere, most likely the tutorials section. The only time you're going to need a 191k resistor is for the sound reactive mod and even then you need a 30k resistor too (30k? that could be wrong but I'm going from memory from when I've seen it before, as I've not done it myself)

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »
Thanks for the help guys! I have another question. I have a 191k-ohm resistor, can i use that for the led trigger mod? (not the sound mod, just want the leds in the triggers)

nah 191k is only for the sound mod, if you were to put that in the trigger mod it would just disrupt the mod, and i think it is best to put a resistor, this way the leds wont burn out as quickly and you will have peace of mind :D . also its easy to put a resistor and they are dead cheap, so you might aswell, unless you cant get hold of any

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:34:40 AM »
cheers dude! i've got all the parts now, but i'm gonna let 4dP do it. just tried to wire up some smds but i don't have the skills. need more practice.  :wacko:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal