Author Topic: Big Time Disassembly Help Needed  (Read 3382 times)

Offline JcBoyCool

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Big Time Disassembly Help Needed
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:58:44 PM »
Ok first off let me start by saying I am a complete modding noob. However I am a quick learner and respect getting help with things I don't know so I don't stay a noob very long with anything.

When the PSP first came out in Japan I bought one of them over the internet. A few months later do to stupidity and a younger brother that PSP was dropped and the screen broke. I later bought a USA PSP and have been using that ever since. Then a little under a month ago my friend introduced me to modding for game consoles so now here I am. (Sorry for the mini life story just want you to have all the info)

So I am doing a disassembly of my jap PSP to change out the screen and to prep it for modding. However I got to the part where there are 3 Male Female port plugs that hold the motherboard down. For one I can not unplug the damn things no mater what for some reason with anything including tweezers.

But here is the second and bigger problem I believe. On the bottom left port when I was trying to unplug it then by mistake I somehow ripped one of the 2 cords. It was the Grey one if that makes a difference.

Please you modding experts help me fix this problem and explain to me what stupid mistake I am making so the damn plugs wont unplug. So I know right now I look like a complete dumb ass noob and I am probably going to get flamed for it and thats ok, go ahead and flame away as long as somewhere in your insult is the answers I need :)

I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE any help with this mater and I thank anyone who helps me out in advance.

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
Re: Big Time Disassembly Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:21:39 AM »
We're here to help so don't think you sound like and ass.Most of the people here used to be the same and some remain the same!
Anyway back on topic.
If it's a grey wire then it's a speaker's wire,did you rip it off the connector?If yes a solution is to solder it directly on the motherboard,ask me if that's the problem and I'll find some images to show you where to solder it.
Now for the female plugs you're talking,from the number 3 I guess you're talking about the laser,powerboard and the laser's motor.Listen are on these female plugs ribbon cables connected?If yes then they are what I mentioned in the last sentence.To unplug them you just have to lift the security plastic thingy on each one,do it carefully you don't want to break it off.Anyway My post became way to long.Better watch a dissassembly video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AqpfpzLE6k

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 04:53:53 AM »
That ^ video taught me!
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline JcBoyCool

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »
First off thanks Aricado. I was using this guide https://www.acidmods.com/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=PSP%20Disassembly
I got to this part https://www.acidmods.com/forum/gallery/2225_05_08_07_1_59_46.jpg and like a complete idiot i miss understood what I was saposta disconnect. In the guide it makes it look like you have to disconnect the male from the female ports but in reality I just have to pull the little speaker out :(

Yes it was a Grey wire that I mistakenly ripped off from the connector. I eventually plan on have LEDs that work with the sound so let me know if because of this mistake I messed that up.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
no u just have to solder on the mobo now

Offline JcBoyCool

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
Ok well now I am having trouble getting the umd door off. In the wiki guide it said there is a black screw holding the door but on my psp there is a long strip of plastic there. In the video guide it makes no mention of this.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 12:50:38 PM »
ya that lil thing is hard i kinda got a lil trick i just poke my screw driver down there and it pushes down and spreads it as it gose down and just pops off kinda hard to explain

Offline JcBoyCool

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:17:56 PM »
So can anyone give me any tips about getting the door off? Also how rough can I be with it? I think one of the problems is I am afraid of breaking it so I am being very gentle.

Offline celph_titled

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »
 :hifive: About the umd door. I use a small flat head to get it out.  But i have to warn you it's easy to break so don't use to much force.  Here is the link to help get you started.

http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/images/umd_door/door-hinge.jpg
(+.[FAT]%) 1.50  to play crisis core. Brick well updating to 3.73 (+.[SAD]%) Pandora 3.71 m33 (+.[YES]%) 3.71 m33 -2> 3.71 m33-3> 3.80 m33> 3.80 m33-2> 3.80 m33-5> 3.90 m33> 3.90 m33-2> 3.90 m33-3 install time machine v.01 and went back to 1.50

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 02:41:45 AM »
go to tutorial section and follow kens tut to psp diassembly
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »

the best tut out there :tup:

Offline JcBoyCool

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

I was using that tutorial. I would not try to do something like this without one. My problem is I do not see this black screw he is talking about that is holding the door on the psp. instead I have a long black piece of plastic in the spot he shows in his guide.

I also said forget it maybe I am misunderstanding what he is talking about and I went to take the door off the way he shows and it wont come off for me.

Can someone explain the screw thing to me and tell me how much pressure/force I can/should use to take the door off? I appreciate all the help.

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »
I was using that tutorial. I would not try to do something like this without one. My problem is I do not see this black screw he is talking about that is holding the door on the psp. instead I have a long black piece of plastic in the spot he shows in his guide.

I also said forget it maybe I am misunderstanding what he is talking about and I went to take the door off the way he shows and it wont come off for me.

Can someone explain the screw thing to me and tell me how much pressure/force I can/should use to take the door off? I appreciate all the help.
Well I'm not sure about the long black screw.I think it's a small thin one right? By the time I opened up my psp I never put it back.Just go on disassembling it,remove the screw and then remove the umd door.

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal