Author Topic: questions about whats wrong with my ds lite  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
questions about whats wrong with my ds lite
« on: April 29, 2008, 04:44:33 PM »
hello i am having problems with my dsl for one i dropped it a couple of times and know something rattling around in there and i dont know what it is and  the other thing is now for some odd reason the bottom screen gets kinda wet looking(you how if get water on a screen it looks like rainbow effect) well anyways it does this very often  and the third thing is that sometimes when i am writing on the ts its like there is something hard behind the screen almost everywhere is any of this bad i can say 1 thing its annoying. my dsl works perfectly well except once in a blue moon the speakers weird as h*ll sounds
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 04:47:07 PM by gamer4life »

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: questions about whats wrong with my ds lite
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
Sounds like you cracked the LCD. I mean, did the screeen crack or anything by anychance? Besides if someting is rattling, I wouldn't think it's too important or else it wouldn't make ur DS work, obviously :P. Well if you're warranty is gone, then google "disassembling ds lite", find a video link, with a guy that has a german accent, and try to see what's rattling inside. As  for the screen, if you say the screen has a rainbow type of look everywhere, and it feels hard under it, then it sounds like you cracked the LCD.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »
Sounds like you cracked the LCD. I mean, did the screeen crack or anything by anychance? Besides if someting is rattling, I wouldn't think it's too important or else it wouldn't make ur DS work, obviously :P. Well if you're warranty is gone, then google "disassembling ds lite", find a video link, with a guy that has a german accent, and try to see what's rattling inside. As  for the screen, if you say the screen has a rainbow type of look everywhere, and it feels hard under it, then it sounds like you cracked the LCD.
I don't think it's a cracked lcd, because then it wouldn't go away. I think that the ribbon not inserted in the clip all the way

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
True, but either he opened it or somehow the ribbon came loose when it fell.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »
if you read my sig i am a complete noob i have never ever took it apart waranty is up no scratches on botom screen. one on top near bottom center about the length of the tip part of the stylus. both screens fine and can see everything i dont know what it is does any 1 live in or near virginia maybe i can send it to you and maybe you can try and figure outs whats wrong with it and maybe mod it a little when i get me a job and money plus i am writing this using my ds lites web browser so thats proof touch screen is working and also if the cable was loose wouldnt that mean i wouldnt be getting anyhing on the screen i really dont know just saying because im a noob and want to become a master

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »
the reason why it's not all the way off is because the cable is not far enough out to be recognized by the dsl that's there's no screen, but at the same time there's not the greatest connection you have there

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
i forgot to mention that thetop screen has a kind of dark circle in the middle region that you can only see if you tilt the dsl just the right way what do you guys think that is

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »
If it's a big black one that can't be seen w/o turning the brightness off, then the LCD screen might be cracked, at least I know that's how it happened with my friend's DS, but he sat on his, so yeah.... XD. In any case taking it apart to check the top screen isn't too hard, really. There are numerous vids on it, and it can really help you save like 15 bucks to replace the screen if it's just the ribbon, and even 60-120 on buying a whole new DS which most people end up doing.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 09:22:35 AM »
well it is about a centimeter round and appears black when you tilt it just right and if you tilt it just right another way it appears white i am the brokest of broke so dont have money to change screen or to get a new dsl and plus i dont have the right screwdrivers for the job anyway when i do get enough i will trade this one in towards the purchase of a new one

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 03:44:43 PM »
You think you can give us a vid or a pic to see exactly what this hole is? It really sounds like a cracked LCD, but of course a picture of it can prove me wrong, heh.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
i will try but where should i upload a pic so i can post it here on AM

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
Ermm anywhere TBH, use photobucket or something, even myspace works, as long as you can show a picture, then I'll be happy :D, oh and as long as you can make an image link out of it when you post it.

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 01:04:59 AM »
ok i will try but the pic will probaly suck because my digital camera sucks it that $20.00 cheap a*s keychain one the pics will probaly suck

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »
Ugh I had those b4, cost me like 5 bucks, terrible pics, but you get what you pay for.

VoX

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 05:55:09 AM »
There's probably really simple fix, you gonna have to either send it in if its still within its warranty period or take it apart and have a look if the ribbon cable is loose or save some money up to by a new screen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal