Author Topic: Concept PSP (Day 3) Flip Screen, LEDs and more to come  (Read 13709 times)

VoX

Re: Concept PSP (Flip Screen and more to come) WIP
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 01:30:10 AM »
Well have you tried to make any modifications to the hinge to see if it fits? Honestly I see that being the best option, teh spring will be either too powerful or too weak. You could just set clips to hold the psp screen at an angle w/o it going too far back, and you just lift it yourself, then in time you can improve on it from there. Basically picture 2 tabs in the back of the PSP and 2 other tabs on the back of the screen, when they hit each other, they stop the screen from going back. I say the only real problem is finding the right angle to use or finding a way to make it bend at different angles and keeping it in place.

Well I'm using a blob of hot melt glue to stop it going to far back it it works perfectly, I'm finished for today (Its dark where I am) and I'll post a video of what I have done so far. Tomorrow I've got School, so I can only start working on it after school, which I will. The problem with the DS hinge is that the angle which it connects on to the screen on then on to the back of the PSP is to small and it can barely touch. Be the way I'm using the DS Phats hinges if you where thinking I was using the DS Lites hinge

Offline cjmcleod

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »
If it were me, I'd put an IR keyboard under the screen. The piece of plexi just looks like a lot of wasted space to me. Other than that, nice.

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2008, 02:06:47 PM »
*deleted
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:29:41 PM by Blizzrad »

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2008, 02:12:08 PM »
grats

VoX

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 04:58:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I'm thinking of making a new hinge with metal inside and using strong magnets to hold it in place. I'm working on some more mods that will make it more convenient. I'm going to try to add a way to lie flip the PSP screen into a flat position and then slide it in towards its stock position which will involve solder wire from the screen connector so that it makes it more flexible, like in the Blizzrads post.
Please keep in mind that I'm only 13 years old and this my second mod and I'm still learning

Offline Drajwer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Concept PSP (Day 3) Flip Screen, LEDs and more to come
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2008, 05:48:43 AM »
PSX/PS2 pad ? You can attach it to uC and search for program to use it. 1932152 mini-usb sockets are gay. Better use standard Pad connector. Im working on this "converter" too. :) Good luck, Im looking forward to see this all with pad connector.

Why not add Xbox chatboard or CHA-10 ericsson chatboard. Imo Xbox chatboard looks better.

VoX

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2008, 05:58:19 AM »
PSX/PS2 pad ? You can attach it to uC and search for program to use it. 1932152 mini-usb sockets are gay. Better use standard Pad connector. Im working on this "converter" too. :) Good luck, Im looking forward to see this all with pad connector.

Why not add Xbox chatboard or CHA-10 ericsson chatboard. Imo Xbox chatboard looks better.

lol, The PS2 controller mod will be hard, but I've got a spare controller so I'll try anyways, Damn f00f00, your so good. Enzways, I might try the Xbox Chatpad, I'll spray it black (Not the buttons though) to make it match the rest and the flashing ect.

About the CHA-10 Chatboard, would you be able to help me out if I decide on that?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:09:46 AM by VoX »

Offline Drajwer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
Not much ;) but I'll do my best. Mine got replaced software and chip to avoid bad connector insertion. When you put it wrong side, it wont break. I think CHA10 is ugly. Go for XBox chatboard. As I see other project it matches perfectly laptop style.

The PS2 pad connector and uC is not that hard as I calculated... But it needs some size in case... I think best way is to put PS/2 connector and converter to psp SIO port like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiZc_-FYIpU

Search for ultra compact keyboard...  :wacko: nvm. Like I said, Xbox chatboard looks sexy in psp faceplate.

deda: please use hyperlink on your links, much faster to see what its all about for other members....thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:11:53 AM by dedafmonteur »

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 03:55:42 PM »
ok well im just kinda frustrated cus im doin a mod exactly like that and i told luke and some other ppl and now eveyone is doin it not that i have a problem with that i just kinda wanted to release mine first
lol he beat you tou the punch lol kind of like me when i had the idea of the psplaptop and then two days later some one makes it

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »
i think this design mod is so freakin cool keep going and like Blizzrad said i think if u attach wires to the ribbon cable then u would have a beter chance of not breakin it do u guys think that sony goes to modding websites and sees the things people r doing 2 the psp and then take the ideas and will try and incorperate them in upoming psp designs

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

VoX

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »
i think this design mod is so freakin cool keep going and like Blizzrad said i think if u attach wires to the ribbon cable then u would have a beter chance of not breakin it do u guys think that sony goes to modding websites and sees the things people r doing 2 the psp and then take the ideas and will try and incorperate them in upoming psp designs

I'm going to wire to the LCD but it looks hard so I'm currently practicing on a Broken LCD screen. Once I have enough guts to do it I'll solder the Working one up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal