Author Topic: psp external controller [UPDATE]  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp external controller [UPDATE]
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »
Its been awhile.

Anyways, i thought i'd just type this up quick. I have got one of the 4 mini usb slots dremmeled out, and i am pleased enough with it. On the other hand soldering to the mini usb is pretty tough. I got one wire on REALLY well, but after twisting it around and experimenting with it, the wire broke the insulation, so i had to pull it out. The main problem im having right now is that the solder is solidifiying less than a second after leaving the iron. I'm guessing that this is because my iron isn't getting hot enough, so i might pick up a different one. If you know anything that could help me please tell. Thanks in advance.

On the other hand, I was struck with inspiration and have an idea that might simplify the whole process substantaly. But that is best kept under my hat for now. Although it isn't quite as asthetically pleasing, it would be a good substitute, on the condition it works...
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: psp external controller [UPDATE]
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »
good luck with this. i suggest you write up a tut for us  :tup:

VoX

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »
Solder it on so that it holds then get a dab of Hot melt glue over the wires and then push you finger on the glue to flatten it out. Works like a charm, helped me a lot when I was soldering to a ribbon cable and the wire kept falling off a second later.

Offline Wedge

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 10:08:10 AM »
Solder it on so that it holds then get a dab of Hot melt glue over the wires and then push you finger on the glue to flatten it out. Works like a charm, helped me a lot when I was soldering to a ribbon cable and the wire kept falling off a second later.

thanks a ton
Shut up, I know I am a pessimist.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal