Author Topic: psp question  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
psp question
« on: May 11, 2008, 11:50:14 AM »
well i know that the psp does a sound everytime u turn it on and people have been talking and asking about custom sounds and i was just wondering if it is possible if so you cant tell me the theme music 2 the x-files wouldnt be cool as h**l (those of u who know what the x-files r and how kicka*s  the show was)if it is possible does any1 know how 2 do the x-files theme music on the custom sound booting on a psp

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
Re: psp question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »
well i know that the psp does a sound everytime u turn it on and people have been talking and asking about custom sounds and i was just wondering if it is possible if so you cant tell me the theme music 2 the x-files wouldnt be cool as h**l (those of u who know what the x-files r and how kicka*s  the show was)if it is possible does any1 know how 2 do the x-files theme music on the custom sound booting on a psp
There is some themes out there with different kinds of coldboots along with sounds

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:26:55 AM »
ok to change your bootsound, you need to disable any custom themes you may have installed (ctf themes using cxmb plugin). then plug your usb in, then go into recovery mode -> advanced -> toggle usb flash0. (on windows xp/vista make sure you have unchecked "hide protected operating system files") go into vsh -> module and backup your "opening_plugin.prx". after that replace the prx with your custom bootsound which can be found easily, just google it. im not sure if there is a x files theme song prx out but there might be. there are lots of other cool ones, i know a website with lots but im not sure if i can post the link.

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
ok to change your bootsound, you need to disable any custom themes you may have installed (ctf themes using cxmb plugin). then plug your usb in, then go into recovery mode -> advanced -> toggle usb flash0. (on windows xp/vista make sure you have unchecked "hide protected operating system files") go into vsh -> module and backup your "opening_plugin.prx". after that replace the prx with your custom bootsound which can be found easily, just google it. im not sure if there is a x files theme song prx out but there might be. there are lots of other cool ones, i know a website with lots but im not sure if i can post the link.

you don't need to disable custom themes to get custom sounds. i've got both and i can still run poploader and other programs, think it's to do with the newer themes that are availibal.

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
you don't need to disable custom themes to get custom sounds. i've got both and i can still run poploader and other programs, think it's to do with the newer themes that are availibal.

really because when i use a custom theme it overwrites my gameboot and i assumed it overwrites your bootsound aswel.

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »
so it is possible ok now where would u get the custom sound x-files 2 put it on the psp

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »
yes do what pax said but u might have some incompatibility with certin themes with certian sounds think it has to do with file size delete forign font and other unused files to make room

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 04:34:10 AM »
ok heres what you do, get the x files theme tune (doesn't matter what format or bitrate or length) then download and install a program called goldwave digital audio editor (fully functional evaluation version) http://www.goldwave.com
once installed download the atrac3 codec http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Codecs/Sony-ATRAC-Audio-Codec.shtml  and copy the contents of it to the goldwave folder and run it.
once that is done download the psp bootsound replacer http://www.savefile.com/files/1446424

then run goldwave and open the x files theme song, trim the song to the part you want (it must be between 1 and 4 seconds long) then save it as a .wav format  (under attributes choose "atrac3 132 kbps stereo")

then close goldwave and open psp bootsound replacer select the firmware you're on (only works with firmwares 3.71m33, 3.80m33, 3.90m33) and click open WAV and select the file you created using goldwave then on your psp, go to recovery mode -> advanced -> toggle usb flash0 (remember to backup everything you mess with). then on psp bootsound replacer save it in X:\vsh\module , it will overwrite the original. and you're done

here is a video on how to do it
I TAKE NO CREDIT IN CREATING THIS VIDEO OR ANY OF THE SOFTWARE OR UPLOAD LINKS I SIMPLE WATCHED THIS VIDEO AND CREATED A BRIEF TUT, ALL CREDIT FOR LINKS GO TO THE AUTHOR OF THIS VIDEO

P.S backup everything you mess with, and also again this only works with firmwares 3.71m33, 3.80m33, 3.90m33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6RyQgeIfY

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 04:37:24 AM by pax »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal