Author Topic: New Memory Stick. Will it work?? Please Answer  (Read 978 times)

Offline WingYin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
New Memory Stick. Will it work?? Please Answer
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »
HEy guys. I have a question and didnt find the answer anywhere cause this forum sucks as it is organised as it is now.
Sooo...
I have a fat psp with cfw 3.40 OE-A and wanna buy a new memory stick 4GB. my question is if it will work or not if i just put something on it (game music etcetc)

Do i just have to format the card once or is there more to it??
Cause i read sumting about magic memory stick and dont know if i have to do it with the new one too...

Please answer

Thanks in adance

Offline Syugo

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: New Memory Stick. Will it work?? Please Answer
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:50:59 PM »
it will work. format it the first time to make it easier on yourself (it creates folders)
not suitable for family site

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
well saying our fourm sucks and posting in the wrong section is not the way to get help but as far as i know in 3.40 ofw the 4 gig cap was on so i think in the oe-a it will be too i only used that fw for like 5 min first time i loaded cfw with the gts lcs back door so idk know for a fact i would just upgrade your firmware to the latest m33 or that new 3.9 cfw that wasnt made by m33 and your mem stick will work .look in the software section at the top and mabe make a pandora its not hard. u upgrade your firmware by just puting the update files on a mem stick and launch the files from game in xmb search 3.71 m33 or 3.90 m33 and u will find a link to the files

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 12:54:17 AM »
1st...  Thank you for insulting the site and staff, I really appreciate it, really I do...  2nd...  If you had suggestions for improvement of the organization, you can always let a staff member know.  But hey, what ever...  3rd...  All MSPD (Memory Stick Pro Duo) work with PSPs right out of the box, except for the fake ones (which most times aren't formatted right, and never will be.  Causing the failures), but I personally format every one with my PSP, since that almost guarantees that they will work, it's just like installing a new hard drive in a PC, you can either trust that the factory has formatted it right, or you can take the couple of minutes of you time and do it yourself...  Now if I sound a bit terse tonight then that would be because I have just gotten out of a bar fight trying to help a buddy, and my adrenaline is flowing just a bit...  So I apologize for the untempered-ness of my initial reply...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal