Author Topic: Soldering Razor X to the D-Pad and other questions  (Read 3034 times)

Arsic

Soldering Razor X to the D-Pad and other questions
« on: April 21, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »
So, I was searching around and didn't want to bump a few months old topic, so I'll ask it here.

Siggen and hektic were discussing soldering the Razor to the d-pad while retaining d-pad functionality in this thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=10591.0 (second page).

Simple questions. One wasn't quite answered in that thread.

1. I just wanted to know if using the (safer) pin method to solder the wires would work or if it'd screw up the ribbon if I did it?

Annnd another one, am I understanding this correctly?

2. With the pin method you're just pushing the wire through the wiring on the ribbon and hot gluing it in place for stability. So you're not actually soldering it to the ribbon's d-pad contacts?

3. With the Razor X, do I still need to remove my power plug? I have no problem with that and don't plan on relocating the plug if I do. If that's the case, then I'll just do the USB power plug without any problems.

I'm kind of new to modding in general, but I have some experience with electronics and their circuits. Just bought the Razor X and I'll probably try this after my exams are over by the end of the week. I just wanted some reassurance on this since this'll be my first time modding my PSP.

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Soldering Razor X to the D-Pad and other questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »
1. 2. Best way is solder wires direct to conector pins.
3. Yes U need.

Arsic

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 07:02:03 AM »
Any reason why soldering them directly is better than the pin method? Or am I reading you wrong?

Offline mootoo

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »
if U use pin method it may loose contact after week or two cause d-pad's flex have conductors from alluminium ;)

(sorry for my bad english ;))

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »
yup dude just solder it
Derp.

Arsic

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:20:38 AM »
All right, I'll try that. Thanks.

Offline External Darkness

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • We Are Re-Inventing The Way You Use The PSP
    • Pirazted PSP Downloads
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »
yeah I was having problems with one of my dual nubs I think I soldered it wrong because you have to use the nub on mine you can't press like X,O,Square,^ which kinda ticks me off oh well got two other psp's to try it on....

But thanks for the insight guys....

<~External Darkness~>

<~External Darkness~>

Arsic

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 01:33:36 PM »
If you're doing it this way, you're not wiring the nub to the X, O, Square and Triangle buttons. That's the regular way, but I thought it'd be more convenient to do it to the d-pad instead. When playing games like MGS:PO, you can still use the face buttons like the console does.

Either way, you can use remaPSP to remap the buttons for games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal