Author Topic: need advice on broken psp  (Read 1133 times)

Offline staticvoid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
need advice on broken psp
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »
i have a phat psp that was working perfectly, i let it sit for a month or so without any charge in the battery. Today i tryed to turn it on. The orange light comes on like its charging if i slide the button down the lock led lights up, but the psp will not turn on, it doesnt react at all. I stuck a pandora battery in and it didnt do anything.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

Offline joecrack57

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: need advice on broken psp
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:52:22 AM »
i have a phat psp that was working perfectly, i let it sit for a month or so without any charge in the battery. Today i tryed to turn it on. The orange light comes on like its charging if i slide the button down the lock led lights up, but the psp will not turn on, it doesnt react at all. I stuck a pandora battery in and it didnt do anything.

Anyone else ever had this issue?
i had a similar issue, does ur power led blinks when u try to turn it on and then turns off really quick if is that i think u need a new mobo thats what happen to me and my mobo is just sitting in a corner with no way to fix it, i hope u find a solution though

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
have you ever opened it... it may be the backlight or the screen, or maybe a short somewhere... just guessing :dntknw:

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »
Hey,

The same thing happened to my friends PSP, and I mean the EXACT same thing. He left it for a month with no charge and then couldn't turn it on and it wouldn't even respond to Pandora. So I opened it up and you know where the connector is for the buttons across the front (Home, volume brightness etc.) Well that wasn't clipped in very well so I pushed that in a bit further and it worked fine. Also make sure all the other clips are in. It could be bad connection like in my case. Hope I helped.

Max Kreeger

P.S. Make sure the right screw goes in the right hole lol. I put the wrong screw in the wrong whole, it went to far and cracked the screen. :angry:

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 06:18:06 AM »
i may be say max's answer more easiler said, he left it to long and it got dust in all the connectors etc.

or maybe fuse  :dntknw:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal