Author Topic: PSP Slim Component to VGA  (Read 3028 times)

VoX

PSP Slim Component to VGA
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »
Is it possible to solder the Red Green and Blue cables and Ground ect. to a  VGA cable, like Ben Heck did with the Xbox 360?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/14/how-to-turn-a-standard-xbox-360-video-cable-into-a-vga-cable-fo/

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
Re: PSP Slim Component to VGA
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:07:42 PM »
theres no need too. ive seen this adaptor or whatever at dealextreme or somin and the cables plug in and theres a vga port so yea :tup:

VoX

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »
theres no need too. ive seen this adaptor or whatever at dealextreme or somin and the cables plug in and theres a vga port so yea :tup:

That kinda didn't answer my question, I knew there is some kind of cable out there that will do what I need, but I've got all the parts I need to complete this project and I'd rather complete this and use it than buy a cable from DealExtreme.

BTW: Are you referring to this cable: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.747
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:26:09 PM by VoX »

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:54:37 AM »
the idea sounds great! just out of interest, why do you want to make this?  :confused:

VoX

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
I'm making this because I've have no HD TV's in my home and I have recently purchased an PSP Slim mainly for the 64mb Ram and the TV Out capability's. Because I have no HD TV's in my home I am not able to play Homebrew Games, UMD/ISO games ect. on the TV, But I do have a fairly new Widescreen/16:9 LCD Monitor which is capable of viewing Progressive scan signals. I do have money on hand to buy a cable but would rather make one my self especially seeing as I have all the parts I require. And today I've made alot of Progress and I've nearly completed it, I'm able to see my PSP on my LCD Monitor and play games. The only problem is that the Green cable works, but the Colour green seems to have some problems like instead of presenting white as the colour white is shows it as Green. Blue and Red seem to work but they are a bit dull and I presume this is because of the Green cables failure. I will get to fixing it tomorrow as it is 11:30 in Aus

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »
do people really use this on a tv lmao why not use a ps2 or ps3 on a tv i got te cable but i got it fr a different reason.. why would you not want to use the psp's screen its nicer than a computer monitor lol is it a big ass tubed monitor too but seriously you can do this i dont remember off the top of my head you might need a compnet between pins like a capacitor or a resistor http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20585 but if it worked for the xbox try it

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
it's not so much films. it being able to play games like, god of war and wipeout pules on a hude HD tv, completely changes your perspective on how useful the function is. Watching Kratos running about on a 32' tv causing all sorts of hell makes it so much better to play and for your mates to watch too. (normaly to take the  :censored:, but that might just be me. lol!)

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
yeah well ok but thats still a 32 your talking about not a 16 but to each his/her own i guess maybe ill plug mine in before i chop up my cable ill let you know what i think im sure haha

VoX

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:45 PM »
I finished the cable and it now works great.... except my monitor doesn't seem to support unconverted RGB signals

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:17 PM »
maybe you need to just adjust the refresh rate idk it is hard to help when there is no info

VoX

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:39 AM »
I'm not really looking for help so you don't have to worry, RGB to VGA cables are made for projectors and not for LCD's, though some LCD's work with them

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 08:20:15 AM »
Is it possible to solder the Red Green and Blue cables and Ground ect. to a  VGA cable, like Ben Heck did with the Xbox 360?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/14/how-to-turn-a-standard-xbox-360-video-cable-into-a-vga-cable-fo/
so this topic wasn't posted to ask advice...w/e cool im glad youve got it all figured out

VoX

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »
This topic was posted nearly a month ago, since then I've manged to figure it out. That is why I don't need any help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal