Author Topic: diy plugin.prx  (Read 2723 times)

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
diy plugin.prx
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
can anyone point me in any sort of direction for maybe creating your own plugins????

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: diy plugin.prx
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
i look at this post like everyday waiting for someone to tell me how to make one! grrrr >:(
lol have you figured anything out yet?

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
haha not really more than i know i guess aside from writing the code i dont know how to compress and convert elf files or anything im still a noob at c++ and im not at all a programmer but i can do anything if i put my mind to it i havent found any sort of open source code or anything lol i didnt think anybody looked at this post ever haha i feel beter imnot alone if there was any thing to help then people could do even more to there psp'sman i hope someone can help but if i find anything ill post it on here for you maybe this will help you http://forums.qj.net/archive/index.php/t-121058.html
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:44:52 AM by alexandercyle »

Offline babyboi828

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »
lol thats the most help ive seen lol...i dont really have any c++ skils besides making a hello world,  app mabey with a picture though lol :laughing: (which i pretty much taught myself  :hifive:) unfortunatley i dont really have daily acces to the computer with all my dev kits :( lol i barley have the internet at all ooo well im sure we'll have som cool plugins eventually :D  :tup:

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 07:50:05 PM »
hey babyboi828 here is something interesting http://ps2dev.org/psp/Tools/PRXTool_1.1_(WIN32)/PRXTool_1.1

Offline halfquater

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:55:49 PM »
i know little about programming, i've only been interested sinice i've seen what you can do with cfw on a psp.
i looked at the psp SDK (software developers kit) which suggested knowing linux and c is a good start before you start using the SDK.
does anyone know how easy .prx plugins are to write?

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »
ok its kinda a hard but heres what you gotta do.  you need to download a C/C++ environment (go to google and look for "eclipse europa C") and cygwin compiler and you will need to compile a psp tool chain ( got to http://ps2dev.org/psp) and then make the source code for the prx in the c environment and make it into a prx with cygwin compiler......in short ITS SUPER HARD....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:25:09 PM by Bhawan »

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline halfquater

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »
forgive me if i'm asking the obvious; are .prx files written in c, or is it a language based on c and taylored to the psp?
another question, from what i understand cygwin is a linux like command line for windows, yes? so can i just use linux to compile the SDK and .prx files or do i need to use cygwin? if i do need to use cygwin, can anyone explain why?
again forgive me if all this becomes obvious when building the SDK, but i've been busy learning how to use bash and c, instead of jumping in at the deep end with the psp SDK.

a little more googling and a bit of reading goes a long way...

ps2dev.org/psp if anyones interested.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:43:30 PM by halfquater »

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »
yes they are written in C and are then compiled but C for psp is quite different from the windows or any other C.... go to sceners.org or ps2dev there is a lot of info there.... and you can use do it in linux but you still require to set up the stuff. and there is a pre-made linux with all the tools you need.  http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1664 <<< read this for more info and for download & other how to.
good luck

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal