Author Topic: Bridging Speaker resisters?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Bridging Speaker resisters?
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »
Will doing so blow up my speakers of give me crappy sound?

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: Bridging Speaker resisters?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:15:59 AM »
will probably blow the speakers

the fuse is there for a reason, the other guy who fried his mobo? he bridged the power fuse, and then there was a short again which fried his mobo

so now he needs a new mobo

this will happen to your speakers too, if u bridge the fuse there will be no protection for them anymore/

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:41:42 AM »
I always wonder what Speaker fuse you people are always talking about....

Because there is no speaker fuse, someone made it up, and you all go with it, if there is, please post pictars lolkthx.

Bridging the resistors will blow your speakers and only your speakers, yes, those resistors were placed there for a reason.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
well i gota question what if i brige the two fuses contacts whatever there called,but i tok out both stock speakers an added two big azz speakers an added 4 leds connected to the speakers will it work or will it f**k up my mobo please reply i want to know cause the speaker nor lights are not working at the maximum potiential
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 10:09:01 AM by socomhacker239 »

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
i personally would just try it but i got like 7spare mobos so idk

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:37:23 AM »
yea i got 5 spare mobos but each one has sumthin wrong with it like one has no wifi one is blown one has no clips for the screen an stuff like dat so i want a for sure that it wont F**K up

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 03:10:01 PM »
I always wonder what Speaker fuse you people are always talking about....

Because there is no speaker fuse, someone made it up, and you all go with it, if there is, please post pictars lolkthx.

Bridging the resistors will blow your speakers and only your speakers, yes, those resistors were placed there for a reason.

There are two resistors with a circle on them in the back of each speaker terminal. (other side of where you plug the speakers in)

and i figured they would proably blow, like you said there there for a reason

Offline iam7805

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • lol wut?
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
They are there to limit current just like how an LED needs a resistor to limit the current. You'll see that the speakers have almost no resistance if you check them with a continuity tester (it'll be detected as a dead short).

Offline crashman2k7

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 12:40:31 AM »
will probably blow the speakers

the fuse is there for a reason, the other guy who fried his mobo? he bridged the power fuse, and then there was a short again which fried his mobo

so now he needs a new mobo

this will happen to your speakers too, if u bridge the fuse there will be no protection for them anymore/

Yup that would be me:(*point to all his Display pics*) and signatures lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal