Author Topic: problem with sound thru speakers  (Read 1209 times)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
problem with sound thru speakers
« on: May 30, 2008, 07:19:37 AM »
when i plug em in all i get is screeching,i also noticed when i plug in my headphone the little sound mode icon comes up (jazz,pop etc.) any1 no how to fix this problem as i got to get this psp shut today
Derp.

VoX

Re: problem with sound thru speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:30:15 AM »
Hmmm.. Have you done any modding to the PSP in recent times or anything that could of caused this?

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
Sounds like audio feedback

Look very close for a small blob of solder bridging two traces.

Like what was asked why do you have it open ? What mod were you doing ?

Offline Cratos

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • http://necaonline.com/images/news/kratos/kratoscorrex1large.jpg
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »
more info please?

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »
dont you love how when you ask a question you give good detail but then they dont read and still reply then when you go to help they dont leave any info hahaha  :rofl:

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:20:41 AM »
no idea if this will help but i am having the same problem, i was doin the lm386 stero mod and now all my left speaker does is squeal the right one does nothing. i have tried bridging the resistors but that hasnt worked im about ready to buy a new mobo and have some spare parts :tup: but who knows this could be fixable i wish i had my psp in front of me so i could try some stuff. lets see if anyone has an idea now cuz like i said this is how my headache started :dntknw:

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 12:52:28 PM »
i had the same problem wat i did was take my psp completely apart (unsolder everything :faint: except ur lm386) and check all ur wires  then redo it all making sure u don't cause any shorts while doing it and cut ur LCD cage so that the 5v points don't touch it and u should be good

hope this helps

and ryan0 try different speakers

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 06:20:40 PM »
sorry for not replying guys have been busy recently,i had completed the sound mod,was playing my psp and all of a sudden the psp shut off,i turned it on again to find the led's going crazy,psp turned off again,i removed all the things i put in for the sound mod,leving no trace of it behind,yet i am gettin a horrible squealing noise while the speakers are plugged in,i'll try new speakers tonite,lots of ppl seem to ahve this problem but nobody seems to know how to fix this one specifically :S,hope i dont have to buy a new mobo that would SUCK!
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal