Author Topic: psp hdd  (Read 11538 times)

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp hdd
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:45:57 AM »
whatever happend to the internal psp hdd that PVP was working on?
does anyone have any idea how to make one?
i have a bunch of theorys but i doubt they would work :(

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: psp hdd
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:48:05 AM »
use the search or maybe look down a few threads.........that will answer ur question

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:44 AM »
already have,it hasnt answered my question

VoX

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:59:18 AM »
The guy who was working on it was a fake, to an extent. We do not speak of him any more and he slowly disappeared and so did his HDD mod.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:17:29 AM »
however this should not discourage you from attempting the mod yourself

Offline SkaLou

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:49:45 AM »
So he was a fake after all?
XD@ all the mods getting all pissy in that thread "ohhh give PVP his space, he doesn't have to share his info" and he didn't even have anything.

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 05:43:52 AM »
im gonna test out a few of my theorys but its just trying to get the parts where i live thats the problem.i have theorys using the usb and the mem card slot.i wanna try it and if i fail oh well let it be a lesson. haha

VoX

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:57:34 AM »
Go ahead, Share your idea's, If you need any help just ask. I would still recommend try some easy mod's first, but if you know your ready, then dive straight in

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 01:15:19 AM »
well the first thing i wanna do is strip down a flash drive then take apart one of the mem cards or the mem card adaptors solder them together and see if it works?
if it does i wanna do the same kinda thing but use a usb input instead of the flash drive and see if that works?
in theory i cant see why it wouldnt if it is formatted in fat32 format
whats the max size a phat psp can handle?

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 01:35:22 AM »
un know for the most part there are many claims to the size limit but to many know the true answer it is said from 30 to 16 gb is the max for the memory card slot but unlimited for the usb. but these are just guesses it is kinda hard to get the true answer from ppl they just make up stuff most of the time but give your theroys a try it cant hurt.

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 01:41:19 AM »
could someone link me to the tutorial that was posted on how to make a mem stick to microsdhc adapter?
it included the wiring diagrams from going from the chip of the adapter (removing the usb) to the other adapter
thanks guys
ill keep ya posted,im trying to get ahold of the adapter that i need to put in the psp

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »
even though your a guppy. you can take charge of this mod.  dont discourage yourself

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 02:09:10 AM »
if anyone finds some wiring diagrams for details on the usb let me know,ive got diagrams of the sony mem sticks just need one for usb

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0

VoX

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 02:30:44 AM »
Have a look at the SD card mod for the PSP, the topic has some good pinout's

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 03:40:01 AM »
yeah i have,ive just gotta work out how to get the usb which is 4 pin to 10 pin.
i know so far that out of the four 1 is ground,1 is power and i would assume the other to are send and recieve data.
now on the mem stick there is 1 power,2 ground and then on the sd card mod he soldered pin 4 and 8 together so that removes 5 but the other 5 left are complicated
pin 6 is just the detection pin so im thinking that if i solder that to a sony mem card it will detect that there is a card iinserted or it could mean that it detects the memory and stuff
pin 2 is bust state which i have no clue what to do with
pins 3,5, and 7 are data lines 1,2 and 3 im thinking they would join as one cable to the usb memory leave one pin on the usb memory which im thinking pin 2s bus state could be

anyone else got ideas?

another idea is make like a hybrid memory card so the psp detects it as a sony card but uses the flash memory of the flash drives guts,if theres any takers for helping me with this mod it would be great.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 03:42:43 AM by red_spider »

VoX

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 03:43:21 AM »
Soldering from USB to Pro Duo will not work, you will probably end up having to build a converter to get it to work

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 03:47:22 AM »
what would it convert though?

VoX

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 03:50:51 AM »
Let me start off buy saying this: You can not convert USB to Pro Duo. The Data signals are totally different, you will need a converter, I'm 100% sure there is no converter for this type of thing. The hard drive mod is more software based than hard ware. Try thinking of new ideas

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 03:59:11 AM »
what about linking a few pro duos together. for example taking the adapters sony give (the old pro duo adapters) soldering them in a linking series (e.g per pin) then have it going into the micro sd adapter and into the psp?

for example you wanna run 3 psp pro duos say 1 gb cards. you have 3 of the old duo adapters linked per pin with that link running back to the adapter that goes into the psp.

wouldnt it just pick it up as one card that is 3gb in size?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 04:00:44 AM by red_spider »

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 04:02:49 AM »
though if you look at that link i pasted earlier of a stripped down flash drive it has the 10 pin connector.
if we got one of those it should be the same maybe?

VoX

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 04:09:07 AM »
You can't grab a data device and solder it to another and expect it to work, there are few exceptions such as the different types of SD ect. Unless you find a converter, then you will have to make one your self, Which I doubt you will be able to, not because your new but because of the complexity involved

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 04:20:36 AM »
i have another idea, the card readers that read the old memory stick pro duos run off usb,crack one of them open see how its wired and bang copy the exact thing.

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/dazsonusbmem.html

what about that idea?

Offline adrenalinedj

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 04:30:26 AM »
And what about replacing the microdrive hdd in the "Internal Datel 4gb internal mod" by an microdrive to ide 2"5 (autoalimented) adapter in order to plug an 2"5 hdd ?

It takes the ms pro duo port of the psp, but may be considerably enhances the storage...

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 04:31:15 AM »
even get a usb card reader that reads the old pro duo cards replace the male usb with a female and match the card readers input with the pins inside a micro sd psp adapter.
theres your converter.

even keep the male usb,piggyback the female onto it and then still run the psp the same as stated above then you could just plug a thumb drive thats formatted like a psp memory stick into it and leave it attached.then you could have a male usb extention so you could still plug it into a pc without having to activate the usb on the psp.then you could if the thumb drive and card reader were small enough mount it inside the umd drive with a chop here and there

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 04:32:22 AM »
i cant get a datel hdd were i live :(

Offline adrenalinedj

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 04:39:33 AM »
I'm watching to buy one but i just need to know if it's possible to make this mod...

And an experimented modder is needed to know => if i could "transform" ms pro duo to microdrive (datel 4gb) and if i could "transform" microdrive to ide 2"5 (with power from microdrive slot), can I plug hdd to psp ?

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 04:48:37 AM »
i think the datel was limited to 4gb but im not the man to ask for that mod buddy,sorry

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 04:56:13 AM »
no a datel wont work neo wont work no such converter exsist unless u know how to program linux or manage to create your own device and program it not much chance lota dedicated ppl working on this but no real progress yet just leads also this had been answered prob 4 times in the last 12 hrs on this site use the search......

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 05:00:25 AM »
what about my idea with the adapter?

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 10:45:34 AM »
i have another idea, the card readers that read the old memory stick pro duos run off usb,crack one of them open see how its wired and bang copy the exact thing.

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/dazsonusbmem.html

what about that idea?

u really dont understand what you need to do......there are so many things wrong with that idea idk where to begin its not just a simple wireing job those adapterers have a pcb inside that requires all kinda complicated activation commands and what not to be used psp is not a host and is dosent have plug and play drivers for any device other then like the cam and to plug in to pc thats it. there IS NO ADAPTER TO USE A HDD ON PSP you have to make ur own or use a usb host chip and program it. i sugest you learn more about electronics and get the general idea of diff programing protocalls and compatibility before jumping into this. not to discourage you but you have not shown that you have any knolage what so ever on this topic so research this ALOT then decide if ur willing to persew this mod. but till then mod ur psp and other things to hone soldering skills and get acustomed to the scene and learn the basics first.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
u really dont understand what you need to do......there are so many things wrong with that idea idk where to begin its not just a simple wireing job those adapterers have a pcb inside that requires all kinda complicated activation commands and what not to be used psp is not a host and is dosent have plug and play drivers for any device other then like the cam and to plug in to pc thats it. there IS NO ADAPTER TO USE A HDD ON PSP you have to make ur own or use a usb host chip and program it. i sugest you learn more about electronics and get the general idea of diff programing protocalls and compatibility before jumping into this. not to discourage you but you have not shown that you have any knolage what so ever on this topic so research this ALOT then decide if ur willing to persew this mod. but till then mod ur psp and other things to hone soldering skills and get acustomed to the scene and learn the basics first.
I agree with folklord36 you need to pick up some books and read some data sheets and get more knowledge

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 03:27:01 AM »
i dont plan on using a hdd i plan on using a flash drive,i have been reading up on different pin outs,i plan to go through with this anyway and ill post pics to explain what i mean later

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 06:47:53 AM »
dont let them discourage you, yes if you plan to do the HDD mdo then you will need to do a lot of research but if you hink you can do it another way then give it a shot, jhope it works out for yah. :tup:

Offline red_spider

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »
its not a hdd drive mod,in theory the max support will be 32gb or whatever the max the card input takes on the psp.
i just think id rather get a large thumb drive rather then a large sony card the thumb drive has many uses.

VoX

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »
Look to mod already made adapters, like the Neoflash ect. This would be easier for you than making an extremely complex converter

Offline JefeSand

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »
Sorry man your ideas are a wash most of what you are planning have been discussed and answered in this thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0 but don't get discouraged just read up.  The one that must not be mentioned was on the right path but got screwed on the programming part.  And just to confirm you can't wire 3, 1 gig memory cards together and expect to have a 3 gig memory card.  Each memory card has a controller in it that tells the device (psp) how big it is and what addressing to use to store information on it.  Your result (at best) in wiring 3 together (if you didn't sort the psp becuase of power issues) would be 3 cards with the same identical information on them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal