Author Topic: Wii loading and running dvd noise now concerns me  (Read 1613 times)

Offline lilcrzytimmy

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Owner of A Red Hottie
Wii loading and running dvd noise now concerns me
« on: May 24, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »
well, i started getting the noise in january (when i got japanese brawl).  i noticed it when i did the upgrade off the disc (my wii is chipped and theres a way to upgrade without really upgrading but you get like two weathe rchannel and etc).   

now today, i was playing my wii at my cousin house and notice that mario kart kept crashing ( it crashed before).  then  we played wii sport and when i try to play the game it said unable to read disc or it loas then it crashes.  that happend twice.

now, im concern to wat i should do.  if it breaks, how can i repair it without sending it to ninty (my wii is chipped).  can i buy a replacement dvd drive and install that?  is the chipset switchable between dvd drives?

im soo worried. 

also, some of my games are scratch circular but im not sure if its the wii or the disc case (the one that has many disc stack on top of each other.  (i put it in it to conserve space, box is stored safely)  also, i have the real copy of mario kart so yea.

EDIT:  games that makes the weird sound like EKK pasue then EKK again.  Brawl, mario kart, my sims, bullies.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:33:02 PM by lilcrzytimmy »
Sonys: The Foreign 40gb Black* and the red hot slim soon the green slim.  Nintendo: The revolutional White.
Past: A whole mess of american PSP and eventually Japanese imports.

Materialistic, HELL YA. =D
*i just notice the ps3 was foreign, and i bought it in america. O.O

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Wii loading and running dvd noise now concerns me
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 01:46:48 PM »
Your Wii laser is probably getting weak because of the extra stress getting put on it, best bet is to probably buy a replacement drive but they cost like $125-$200

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Re: Wii loading and running dvd noise now concerns me
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
Your Wii laser is probably getting weak because of the extra stress getting put on it, best bet is to probably buy a replacement drive but they cost like $125-$200

heh, you should probably just buy a new wii :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal