Author Topic: psp slim internal HDD  (Read 3075 times)

Offline kenzo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • rude boy bass,mush up the place
psp slim internal HDD
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »
ok i dont even think this is possible..but..i want to give it a shot.. i got one of these bad boys from an old mp3 player(http://www.productshub.com/Hitachi-Travelstar-C4K60-HTC426020G7CE10/) and was wondering if it would be any way compatable with the psp i have a fair soldering ability and plenty of time. any help would be muchly apreaciated,

kenzo :cool:
I'm the newb they've been warning you about

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: psp slim internal HDD
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:03:32 AM »
impossible

unless you can let it run linux on it's own.

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:07:38 AM »
Same as above, Please search before posting a topic

Offline kenzo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • rude boy bass,mush up the place
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
awesom how would i go about getting linux on and running on its own
I'm the newb they've been warning you about

Offline K4P741N KRUNCH

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hackin the PSP since day 1!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »
A pirates life for me
We won't go quietly!!

VoX

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »
I highly doubt you will be able to get Linux running on it, Well basically I'm 100% sure

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:02:47 AM »
I have been doing some research myself... And essentially the only way I could figure would be to hack a USB Mass storage driver.. which would be a low level C driver for the PSP to emulate a mount point kinda like USBHOST0 like for USBHOST FS in IRSHELL........

Also you would need a fully compliant USB OTG Dual role USB-to -IDE Tranciever... similar to the AMS Venus GOGO.. But I know the Venus GOGO is specifically not compatible (ALI Chipset) Ali dropped development on the chipset and it can't be flashed as far as I know......

So essentially it's not impossible but at this point it would require funding and the resources to put a team of like 5 atrisan low level programmers with like 6-10 yrs of programming experience on it for a couple of months and thats just not possible at this point.
Got 50-75K? I'll see what I can do :)   

Also a custom PCB would need to be designed and printed them stamped with the appropriate chips so th PSP wasn't the size of a PS2 just to make it work

Inside Sony info would expedite the process but Sony really made this one difficult intentionally..... I truly believe Sony intended at least at the time to release a hard drive option at some point but. It's really too far down the line. So if they haven't done anything about it they aren't going to until the PSP2 comes out in like 2012. At that point 100GB SSD hard drives will be like $75-$100 making it a primary option for the PSP2... I'll bet by that point they will be  running 1024 bit dynamic encryption with mandatory internet access verification at least every 6 months for the PSP2 to continue to work.

-Yngmike
w3rd

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
mike i hardly understand anything u just said but i dont think its gonna work every1 been trying 2 do it

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline alexandercyle

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • dont put marbles in your nose!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal