Author Topic: laptop overheating help me  (Read 2047 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
laptop overheating help me
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »
hey guys im usually over in the psp section or general discussion because i usually never worry about my computer but now im in a stick situation. i just came down to my cousins house and i will be here for a few weeks. on my way to his house my fan stopped working (ground wire broke) and now my laptop is overheating. can anybody tell me a way i can cool down my laptop?

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
Re: laptop overheating help me
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 04:21:31 PM »
um go to your nearest computer store or somin and get a desktop fan. put it againts your laptop fan so its faciing the same way as your laptop one. then power it up and it will suck out all the hot air

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
Just resolder the wire to ground.

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »
Use your super power called warranty, if you can't use your super power yet, rip it apart and just solder it back together....jesus..

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:42:45 PM »
well i dont have a warranty because this computer is like 5 years old. also i cant resolder the ground wire because my grandpa brought down his soldering iron when he came to my house and i left it at my house. i dont have any money so i cant buy a computer fan. and now my laptop wont charge because it is too hot.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »
Ask a parent to get you a soldering iron, or do it old school with a lighter (just be careful, the wire gets hot QUICK)

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »
Ask a parent to get you a soldering iron, or do it old school with a lighter (just be careful, the wire gets hot QUICK)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMdoHdx9HJE

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal