Author Topic: ps2 controller mod  (Read 1698 times)

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
ps2 controller mod
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »
if there is only 9 wires how am i supposed to connect them to the psp???? i need more than 9

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: ps2 controller mod
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
im going to asume you're meaning the wires already coming out of the controler. you dont use them. you have to make your own cable by soldering to the clip, pads, or whatever it is you think is easiest then you solder to a connector coming off of the psp
It's been a long time

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »
oh so u rewire it basically an shrink wrap it again thanks for respondin

Offline Blizzrad

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:26:06 AM »
If you are planning to hardrwire a PS2 controller to the psp, there are a couple ways to approach this:

1: As Kink192 said, modify the controller using your own cable that runs individual wires to each of the button points inside the controller. You can use heatshrink to create your own cable(s) or use other multi-conductor cable (old parallel printer cables work well for this.) The number of wires needed in the cable is determined by how many functions you want to control. You will need one ground wire for the controller, and then another wire for each additional button you want to connect, (the analog stick needs three wires). Twenty is a good wire count for all in-game buttons and +/- to add LEDs. 

or...

2: Create an adapter to interface an unmodified ps1/ps2 controller using a microcontroller to isolate all of the button presses outside the controller. This is the method used by the PSP2TV adapter. The advantage to this approach it that the controller will still work with a ps1/ps2, and if the parts used are small enough to fit inside the PSP, you will only need to cut out room in the case for a six pin connector. Here are a couple relevant links (1,2) which use PIC and AVR microcontrollers.               

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
i makeing a connecter for it so i can remove it an stuff but my remote model is 10010 so i think its difrent from urs

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »
i makeing a connecter for it so i can remove it an stuff but my remote model is 10010 so i think its difrent from urs

lol i have 3 of the same model, but i think ive broken one of them, maybe not, but i need some smaller wire ill get some from wiredinput 30awg ftw
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »
well wtf am i supposed to do then :censored:

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:19:49 PM »
id say that the easiest thing to do would just be to do custom wiring, least thats my opinion
It's been a long time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal