Author Topic: 16gb sdhc  (Read 1690 times)

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
16gb sdhc
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »
hey guys. i didn't wanna bring up the old topic again but i did the 16gb sdhc and i gotta say im so freakin happy i cant wait till 32gb gets cheaper. anyways im gunna be doing this for my friend also but i broke my extra sd socket. would it be possible to just solder directly to the memory stick? just wanna get your guys opinion before i do it haha. and i already know that im not giong to leave the iron on the tabs for more than a second.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
Re: 16gb sdhc
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »
yeah it sould work fine if you wire it up to the right pins but then you wont be able to use the normal memory stick slot unless you put a switch on it which i dont know how you do but im sure someone else will, or its already been posted on another thread
----- F@T3oYCG -----

VoX

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
Yes it is fine too but I would recommend getting a new one and waiting for it to arrive.

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »
alright cool thankss guys

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »
dont mean to double post but i didn't want to open up another thread. anyways quick question

to anybody that did the 16gb sdhc:
are you guys witnessing slower load up and memorystick reads on the psp?
sometimes my psp just gets stuck flashing its memorystick led i have to take the adapter out and put it back in and it still takes forever to load but eventually it does
i have a feeling its becuase i got 9 gigs of stuff on it but it shouldn't change =\

i have the 16gb adata from new egg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211245

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »
I had that problem on a memory stick. It would go real slow and look like it would never load.

If I rebooted the PSP, complete cold restart it would be fine for a while and then start doing it again.

I replaced the memory stick and the problem never came again.

But it may be the interface chip in the SDHC to MSPRO duo adapter not the SDHC card itself.

I have several more adapters coming in sometime at the end of the week. Will test and tell you if I can repeat your problem with them.

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:34 PM »
alright cool thanks. i took out alot of stuff so now i got 13 gigs free space instead of 9. now it runs normal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal