Author Topic: PSP Case  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • My PSP is Unmodded still :(
PSP Case
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:01:52 PM »
Whats up guys, i just replaced my friends PSP faceplate with a CM crystal clear one, but he lost 3 of 4 screws in the battery compartment, so the faceplate doesn't close a tad bit, it's about a 1cm gap from trim, but that's not the only problem, the faceplate was also put on my PSP and it still didn'y close even with all the screws in mine, and the analog moves a bit on its own, and before, I tried installing the backplate as well but 1 of the 3 screwholes that hold the WiFi and memory stick support together wasn't big enough so the screw wouldn't go in, also the motherboard was a little slanted to the right and the motherboard screw also goes in crooked.

Any help is appreciated, and i thought Coolmods cases were high quality  :rofl:

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: PSP Case
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
ok analog first, make sure u haven't lost the little rubber contact that connects it to the mobo if you have hardwire it by soldering the corosponding pads on the mobo to the analog. next to get the facplate to fit makesure u use all screws, then look around the trim and check that everything has fitted in key spots can be round the analogs and the directional pads check that the right analog metal thing is not pressing on the case, u really got to work these things on buddy.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
ok analog first, make sure u haven't lost the little rubber contact that connects it to the mobo if you have hardwire it by soldering the corosponding pads on the mobo to the analog. next to get the facplate to fit makesure u use all screws, then look around the trim and check that everything has fitted in key spots can be round the analogs and the directional pads check that the right analog metal thing is not pressing on the case, u really got to work these things on buddy.
left side is perfect on my friends with 2 screws in long holes of backplate, but how come on mine it doesn't and i have all screws in mine and my analog moves on its own with rubber contct in as well?

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »
Your doing something wrong, cause coolmods is one of the best qualities there is.

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 05:10:08 PM »
No i'm not, everything is in place, IDK if its the PSP but when I screw in the screws i put as much pressure as i can and you can hear squeeking when i put LOTS of pressure on it, i wish my camera was good enough to take pictures, but i guess there's nothing left to do, oh and can u explain the screwhole being to small? i certaintly have all screws in order and place as i put them in bags with names on the bags so that can't be it. OH WELL, hopefully Sony can make another PSP with clear case cuz i know their cases fit flawlessly.

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »
okay this has happend to me firts put in the left side till it clicks in the the top the right side on the top shoudl click and so should the left and then push in the left so it fits in good sometimes it clicks too then pressure the bottom good the start by putting the screw by the analog then above it then the one by the trim and then the one in the battery cover if this don't help there is an issue and u should get a pro to install it

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline Sgt Lovin

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
okay this has happend to me firts put in the left side till it clicks in the the top the right side on the top shoudl click and so should the left and then push in the left so it fits in good sometimes it clicks too then pressure the bottom good the start by putting the screw by the analog then above it then the one by the trim and then the one in the battery cover if this don't help there is an issue and u should get a pro to install it
yea i get the click on the left side and right side by the R-trigger but it instantly pops back out from the R-trigger side, and i have noticed that my friends LCD brace is bent upwards from the right side aswell, could this be the issue, oh and does any have a fix on when i push my faceplate down enough to make the HOME bar make contact with it to make my screen go black, also if i just push it down and let go it makes the volume go up or down, and btw i push down on where it says PSP at the bottom by the home bar, thnx for help

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
ya i recomend sending it to some one it is just getting why out of hand

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 06:34:17 AM »
yea i get the click on the left side and right side by the R-trigger but it instantly pops back out from the R-trigger side, and i have noticed that my friends LCD brace is bent upwards from the right side aswell, could this be the issue, oh and does any have a fix on when i push my faceplate down enough to make the HOME bar make contact with it to make my screen go black, also if i just push it down and let go it makes the volume go up or down, and btw i push down on where it says PSP at the bottom by the home bar, thnx for help

O_o erm do you want me to fix it for you, where do you live, im pretty handy when it comes to reassembling psp's, and i have some spar screws, i just made a psp assembly video that im going to edit and upload to the tube because i have seen that lots of people keep saying, follow the disassembly tut backwards, which is quite frankly a sh|t answer.
----- F@T3oYCG -----

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal