Author Topic: Having alot of trouble finding a Motherboard for a desktop  (Read 1175 times)

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
Having alot of trouble finding a Motherboard for a desktop
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
I am building a desktop this summer and I know I am using a Full Tower Case, but I need to find a Motherboard or a Motherboard / CPU / VGA Combo. I need it to have as little problems with it as I can. It needs to be able to run UBUNTU and Windows XP well.

I was searching around on Newegg.com and every kind of motherboard had so many problems with it.

Can anybody give me any advice on what I should get?

Thanks,
RoBo

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Having alot of trouble finding a Motherboard for a desktop
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »
If you want to build a gaming rig get a EVGA 780i motherboard, I bought one in mid February and haven't had one problem with it yet. BIOS are good, it allows for good overclocking and I would recommend it. One of my friends has an ASUS P5Q and he says it hasn't had any problems since he bought it in November. So those are both two good motherboards.

ASUS P5Q- $150

EVGA 780i- $260

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »
You're not gonna get a "perfect motherboard". EVERYTHING in the world has problems. Especially our douche leader >_> BUT! The 780i is the one to get. All boards are gonna have problems, you can't make it perfect.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »
Ok...Thanks guys. I'm going to purchase the ASUS P5Q. (I am not rich.) This is actually the perfect motherboard for me.
I actually have a full list of links to all of the hardware parts and case I am buying. I will post what and where I got my stuff in the near future.
 :tup:
The total for all of the stuff is going to be about $700 some
Money goes fast

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal