Author Topic: PSP Phat Pandora battery attempt...please help  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Jiggyfly

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP->Revolution
    • My Myspace
PSP Phat Pandora battery attempt...please help
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:39:22 PM »
well...I have a PSP slim with 3.90 M33....and I am trying to get CFW on my cousins phat PSP for him....I know the batteries are diff...and my slim one wont work in his phat....and I also heard that some of the newer batteries are pandora proof...the only pic of which pin to lift on the battery that I found was here  https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15674.0   but that board looks different than the one on our battery....it is model PSP-110   1800 mAH one....can anyone tell me if this is possible to do pandora with??

your help is greatly appreciated^^
.psp. Slim-Piano Black-3.90 M33-2 with 150_340TM^^

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: PSP Phat Pandora battery attempt...please help
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:08:40 PM »

is that right
if not, take a picture of the chip in your battery and ill point it out for yah

Offline Jiggyfly

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP->Revolution
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »
well...I forgot that I had bought an extra battery...its the model 280 2200 mAH...the one that works in phats and slims....the board in this one looks like the one from the guide I posted previously...so I was able to get the pin lifted without shorting it (fried 3 of them.....finally got smart and covered those little things with electrical tape...wasted $120) anyways....when I tried to test it....the psp turns on by its self...as its supposed to with pandora....but it boots normally??? I know I lifted the pin all the way....in fact I lifted too far and the whole leg/pin broke off...anyways...any ideas as to whats wrong...maybe my magic memstick isnt done right?? I dunno though...still odd that the PSP boots normal...thanks for helping^^

~~~~EDIT~~~~

okay....im getting really irritated by this......okay....I opened the battery...found the chip indicated in the pic and lifted pin 5 off as instructed in the tut(the pic is still a bit off from mine....but really close...there is ICO4 near the chip).....psp still boots normal....so I flipped the board over and I saw ICO1 near a chip...this seemed familiar...like I read it in a pandora tut on here....so I lifted pin 5 on this chip as well.....PSP still boots normal.....what am I doing wrong here...I really cant afford to buy ANOTHER new battery...LOLOL....should have just bought the datel tool one....too late now though...thank you everyone for the help^^^^

sorry I cant provide pics...my camera had a fight with a sink full of water the other day...(stupid sister)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:03:39 AM by Jiggyfly »
.psp. Slim-Piano Black-3.90 M33-2 with 150_340TM^^

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:07:41 AM »
if hard modding the battery didnt work, I would suggest soft modding it. Ise the pandora battery creator program on your psp. Then you can turn it into a pandora without having to worry about the pins. And to answer your first question, its a good thing that you had an extra battery around because the psp battery model psp 110 can't be turned into a pandoras. That's the one I have so for now I'm stuck on stupid ofw until I can get my hands on a battery that I can make pandoras. No store seems to carry psp batteries. Oh well. Best of luck.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal