Author Topic: problem after upgrading to 3.90m33-3  (Read 1256 times)

Offline muffluvin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
problem after upgrading to 3.90m33-3
« on: June 29, 2008, 03:48:26 AM »
:beg::cry2: h e l p  :cry2::beg:

I upgraded my niece's Daxter Edition PSP with Official 3.80 firmware to a 3.90 m33-3 Custom firmware using UPMS ver 4 (I've been using this on most of my PSP projects) with DCv5 as my startup menu.

The thing is after upgrading some of my keys doesn't work particularly the X, start button and home button. There are times that all the keys don't work even in recovery mode. Yeah Recovery Mode, that's why I cant check said PSP's config and etc. It plays games (when the X button works) but the start button acts up, like in GTA Vice City Stories the Menu keeps popping out, and the buttons get messed up (the triangle acting like the circle button, clicking on the triangle will cause you to fire your weapon instead of getting on a vehicle). Clicking on the Home Button will get you stuck on the "leave game menu prompt" since you cant choose yes or no, or even press the X buttton. Everything was working fine on the official 3.80 FW before I upgraded.

I've reverted to CFW versions 3.80 m33-5 and 3.71 m33-2, and official fw ver 3.80 but it's still the same. I made a number of MMS (various realeases) to check if it was the culprit but the result was still the same. There are time's that the X button work in xmb so i was able to use a number of utilities to check on the IDStorage, Flash0 etc.

Today out of desperation I opened up my own Daxter Edition PSP and removed all the parts involved in these switches - buttons, boards and FlexWires. I installed them on my niece's PSP to see if any hardware component was causing the problem but her unit is still acting the same.

Hope You Guys can Help me on this one.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal