Author Topic: Blue psp help...  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Taz318

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Blue psp help...
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:31:07 AM »
I want to make my psp light up blue at night like some of you guys but i have no idea how to do it...can anybody show me how to do it please??? if i buy the clear case for the psp does that light up blue or do i have to buy the leds separate??? any help would be good..thank you guys....

Offline Gamer4life

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I will be a Gamer until i die.
    • my own site please join and be active
Re: Blue psp help...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »
this is teh wrong section this belongs in the psp section dude
EDIT: its in the right section now
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:41:52 AM by Gamer4life »

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot if you're part of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this into your sig

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
You have to by the LEDs separate and install them yourself. You can find a tutorial in the tutorial section of this site. Depending on how you hook the LEDs up, they can flash to the sound of music, stay on constantly, or flash repeatedly. This is not simple to do and will require alot of skill. Also they dont light up automatically at night. You have to attach a switch or they will come on when you turn on the psp.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline JWhiteLightning

• BANNED
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Because Im CWN
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 04:02:07 PM »
hmmm... you may be able to get sum kinda light sensor that will sense the light, and have a PIC telling the LEDs to light up or not to (depending on the info it gets from the sensor). But you are looking at sum majorly specialized work there, that will take alot of time and skill, especially to get it to fit inside the psp, or you can get like counter solar panels? :boxed:

Offline Taz318

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:15:12 PM »
Damn dat sux...i got no skills...lmao...im gonna try but i dont want to screw it up :(

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
if you want them to light up automatically at night, you will need a light sensor. Actually its called a photo resistor. You can get them out I a nightlight that automatically turns on when you turn the lights off in your room. They are cheap and you can find them anywhere.

I would assume that you would need some kind of controller to connect the sensor to the led circuit but I'm not sure. You may be able to connect it directly into the circuit.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Josho

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
It's not THAT hard to install LEDs.

You need 0603 SMD LEDs (Google or eBay) and some 30AWG wire (again eBay or hardware shop). If you want them to come on with your PSP, there is points on the motherboard.

Did you mean so the PSP glows just at night or that they're on all the time and the PSP will glow at night? There's a difference, but just wiring up LEDs so they glow when the PSP comes on isn't too hard, you just have to have basic soldering skill which can be aquired with a little practice and a YouTube video.

A 20W soldering iron.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal