Author Topic: First Time PSP Modder  (Read 8238 times)

Offline djnoor

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: First Time PSP Modder
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
Well if you are going for reactives then don't look what I right after this.

Ok so if you want to be able to turn off your LEDs I suggest that you wire them to the power board because there is a plugin ( LED Control) that makes you be able to turn on or off the Power LED, wich is the same thing as your LED when wired to teh power board. It also keeps you teh hold function wich I find pretty useful! Anyways type Djnoor PSP in yutube you will se my PSP and I use the LED Control plugin.

Anyways good luck, and I don't think this is going to be too hard...
Sign removed due to being over the size of 500x200px

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 05:58:40 AM »
Well if you are going for reactives then don't look what I right after this.

Ok so if you want to be able to turn off your LEDs I suggest that you wire them to the power board because there is a plugin ( LED Control) that makes you be able to turn on or off the Power LED, wich is the same thing as your LED when wired to teh power board. It also keeps you teh hold function wich I find pretty useful! Anyways type Djnoor PSP in yutube you will se my PSP and I use the LED Control plugin.

Anyways good luck, and I don't think this is going to be too hard...

I just looked it up.  Great psp!  Looks like it took a lot of work.  And the RGB in the back looks great too.

How much extra work is the sound reactive mod?
Were all of your LEDs powered from the powerboard except for the RGB?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:22:17 AM by sean7341 »

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
Also, do I need any resistors?

Offline djnoor

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
Hi again Sean, thanks!

Well it's wiring an LM386, soldering to LM386, soldering to speakers, getting a place to put all the wires so that your faceplate will colse after and more...

For my LEDs:
-2 Blue, 2green, and 6 white are wired to teh powerboard.
-6 red are wired to the LM386 wich gets wired to teh motherboard and teh speakers   
-And RGB directly to teh mobo

Well if you have more questions just email me!

Good Luck!

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 05:09:33 PM »
Believe it or not, depending on how you do it, it may actually be easier to make it sound reactive. To do it the easiest way, just solder the wired from the LEDs to the - and + contacts on the psp speakers. You should solder each led to its respective speaker( left led to left speaker and right led to right speaker). You could also solder the positive ends of each to the hold switch so you could turn them on and off with the hold switch. Doing it this way, you dont have to solder to such small points.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline djnoor

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »
Believe it or not, depending on how you do it, it may actually be easier to make it sound reactive. To do it the easiest way, just solder the wired from the LEDs to the - and + contacts on the psp speakers. You should solder each led to its respective speaker( left led to left speaker and right led to right speaker). You could also solder the positive ends of each to the hold switch so you could turn them on and off with the hold switch. Doing it this way, you dont have to solder to such small points.

When I first took a try at reactives, I soldered to my speakers....guess what 1st of all the LED isnt as "reacive" as with an LM, an 2nd teh LED stays on with no sound, 3rd weirdly my speakers broke after that =/

But just my opinion, so do what you feel like doing.

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
I think I'm going to just wire them to the powerboard, and not make them sound reactive.

I attempted to disassemble my psp today.  I had one problem.  I couldn't get two screws off.

It was the two black ones all the way to the left.  I pretty much tried too hard for too long and scratched them up.  I'm going to go to a jeweler tomorrow to see if they can help me.

I will also be able to get the other 2 psp's I am buying tomorrow.  I will have a lot of hardware to work with, I hope I don't mess up.

Do any of you guys have recommendations to help me get those screws out?  Is there any special way to get them out?

Thanks.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
Make sure you have a good screw driver.

But if you cant get them out put glue on the tip of your screwdriver and put it in the screw and let it dry and take it out as normal...

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »
is he doin the direct connect or the lm386?

EDIT-oh never mind i jus finished reading it if you can get the screws out drill them out or rip the face plate off an replace the screws an face plate
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:08:36 PM by socomhacker239 »

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »
Make sure you have a good screw driver.

But if you cant get them out put glue on the tip of your screwdriver and put it in the screw and let it dry and take it out as normal...

I will try that.  Hopefully it works, I wanted to have it disassembled today to see if I could do it.  I didn't expect to come into such a small problem.

is he doin the direct connect or the lm386?

EDIT-oh never mind i jus finished reading it if you can get the screws out drill them out or rip the face plate off an replace the screws an face plate

Can you tell me what the difference between direct connect and lm386 is?

I am doing the standard trigger mod.  I think sound mod is out for now.  As of now, I am going to wire the LEDs to the powerboard.  I am open to anything that would make it easier.

Do I need any resistors for what I am doing?  I still don't know this.

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 08:29:29 AM »
Hello, I have a question.

I tried soldering 2 strings of kynar wire to the negative spot on this diagram.

It looks pretty much exactly the same on the little metal nub that sticks up.  What I did was slightly touch the tip of my solder covered iron to the metal nub sticking up on the board.  I also touched the tip of the tip to the stripped kynar wire.  I then slowly moved both of them together.  Now that little metal nub that sticks up, but is a little bigger because of the added solder, and both wires are connected.  Is that how it is supposed to look?

I would really appreciate some help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal