Author Topic: iPod Touch 2.0 upgrade problem  (Read 2870 times)

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
iPod Touch 2.0 upgrade problem
« on: July 30, 2008, 01:25:36 AM »
ok here's the problem: I have an 8 gb iPod touch running 1.1.4 and I'm trying to update to 2.0. I have the 2.0 restore file and everything. The problem comes when I try to update. It won't get past the part where it says preparing iPod for update. It turns the iPod off and back on like normal. Then the restore mode icon flashes on and then back off and goes to a blank black screen. Meanwhile the loading bar on the computer has frozen about 1/5 of the way across. It still says preparing iPod for update at this point. Then the iPod disconnects from the computer on its own. A message poops up in iTunes that says the iPod "iPod" could not be updated because an unknown error occured(13). I have no idea what this means.  Then to get the iPod off of the blank black screen I have to hold home and standby until it shuts off. Then when I turn it back on it is in restore mode.

I use the method where you shift click on update and find the file manually. I have also tried shift clicking restore instead of update but the same thing happens. I have tried it with the iPod in and out of restore mode and using update and restore buttons. Nothing seems to work.

one guy tried to help me a couple of days ago. He said you have to be in iTunes version 7.5. I was doing it in version 7.7 before. So I went ahead and downgraded to itunes 7.5 and tried again several times with the same result as before.

The funny thing a that iTunes will let me restore back to 1.1.4 using the same method I used to try to restore to 2.0. It works fine for 1.1.4 but not for 2.0.

Its really a pain inthe butt because it is really quite time consuming. I have tried about 8 times and each time I have to try to(unsuccessfully) restore to 2.0 and then (successfully) restore back to 1.1.4 just to try again.

So if any of you have anyideas on what is wrong or what I'm doingwrong will you please let me know. I really want to get 2.0. I'm very determined to get help l. In fact all of this that your reading was typed on the screen ofmy 1.1.4 iPod touch at 1:30 AM. So please help if you can.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: iPod Touch 2.0 upgrade problem
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:00:13 AM »
ry going to 1.1.5 first

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: iPod Touch 2.0 upgrade problem
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »
ok I'll try that but alot of people say it has the best chance of working from 1.1.4
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal