Author Topic: psp nub of light  (Read 3041 times)

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
psp nub of light
« on: July 23, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »
instead of doing a ring of light like everyone else is im going to borrow part of an idea by doubledutch, im going to put SMD leds around a clear nub and light it, wire/color the leds to the 4 indicator leds that are already there [charge, power, wifi, mem card] and add a hold switch led. this way you can tell everything by looking in one area, im going to get right on this after my interview tomorrow and after i buy a phat
It's been a long time

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
Re: psp nub of light
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
wow that sounds awesome it kinda reminds me of the 360 controller well good luck with it! :clap:

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »
you sure it will fit and not effect the analog's ability to move? if it works its awesome :hifive:

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »
ill probably hafta file out some of the surrounding area, but ill find a way to make it fit, dont you worry.
It's been a long time

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »
ok cool good luck, and take lots of piczz lol

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »
i thought of this a long time ago but never discussed it. insead of around it i was gonna put one in the middle. i know it will work just dont wanna do it

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »
in the middle would be kinda iffy if you know what i mean.
It's been a long time

Offline anthonyta

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »
i already have one of my phat psp's planned out with this. i just finished my slim so im taking a break. good luck

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 02:56:06 PM »
i had a similar idea to have the indicators in a new place. i was going tho put them in the triggers though. i would have the mem and wifi in the left one, and power and charge in the other. Also ii was thinking of puting an actual olight foor when the hold is on in the right trigger. instead of the yellow thing that usually slides behind the upening. i would still leave the original lights in their place though i would just add more to the triggers.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »
well

because it was my idea :P i will tell you what i thought about it.

at first you will need a clear nub (can be found at dealextreme.com)
next thing you do is make the nub smaller by sanding down the sides etc.. (it still has to be intact but only a little bit smaller
you do thesame on the faceplate.

now the hard part comes, where to place the leds.
well you can't place them beneath the joystick because they wouldn't shine through because the pcb is in the way.

the only solution is on the left of the joystick, where the wifi and MS leds are.
the problem is when you put leds there you won't be able to see the wifi and ms led anymore.
so they will need replacing (maybe to the action buttons ? or the d-pad?) or make holes above the d-pad and place them beneath (plenty of space there)

now close the original holes with some paint or something. then put like 4 white leds (or another color,.. my idea was white because they are pretty shiny) on the position of the MS and WIFI leds, only they need to be facing against the joystick (so place the joystick on the mobo, just put it there, no screws needed :P) then fit the leds and look for some other places for leds.
there will probably be some space on the downright corner, so put some leds there too.

hook them up. and let them shine

this is only a theory, there hasnt been any POC because i never got around to start on my project (you can see it in the R&D section if you are able to see it)

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »
kool, thanks doubleD it really helped, but like i said i wont be able to do this 'til i get a phat and get some money. im hopefully getting a job interview tomorrow and that might boost my income so wish me luck
It's been a long time

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 09:44:07 PM »
instead of doing a ring of light like everyone else is im going to borrow part of an idea by doubledutch, im going to put SMD leds around a clear nub and light it, wire/color the leds to the 4 indicator leds that are already there [charge, power, wifi, mem card] and add a hold switch led. this way you can tell everything by looking in one area, im going to get right on this after my interview tomorrow and after i buy a phat

Thats a cool idea. I wuna see pictures/video if you get it done lol

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 11:01:59 PM »
Yeah good luck kink192 and yes post some pics of this so i may see how well this turns out.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal