Author Topic: how do you put led light in the wii?  (Read 9735 times)

Offline 2XElite

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
how do you put led light in the wii?
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:19:32 AM »
i know how to solder led's on wiimotes and nunchucks but i see ppl wiring led's in the wii how do you do that? sorry for my semi-noobiness
keep buttering my biscuits.

VoX

Re: how do you put led light in the wii?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 04:34:22 AM »
A simple search would of answered your question, https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14115.0

Offline 2XElite

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 04:38:34 AM »
i just said that i know how to do my wiimotes and nunchucks, im wondering how to put the led's in the wii console

VoX

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »
Sorry, lol. Use a multimeter to find to find a power source on the mother board, if it is above what the LED runs on (Normally around 3.6 volts) then you will need to use resistors to limit the power. You will also need to find a negative point, after you have soldered it up, it should work

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
i just said that i know how to do my wiimotes and nunchucks, im wondering how to put the led's in the wii console
u solder the led, lol
actauly you could just get a chamelion case for ur wii, that would be much eiser, i think lol

Offline 2XElite

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 09:47:43 AM »
thx for the advice guys, but i want to custom my led lights for a cheap price. I saw kypes and assassin bean's wii and theirs looks cool where exactly do i solder the wired to the LED's? please dont say get a case or multimeter when i've seen that already, and it looks horrible

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
Do you even know what a multimeter is?
please dont say get a case or multimeter when i've seen that already, and it looks horrible

A multimeter will show you where to solder basically. Point it over at 2 spots and hope for the best lol.

OR better yet, LOOK at the motherboard. Nintendo LABELED all of the points!

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 08:29:05 PM »
thx for the advice guys, but i want to custom my led lights for a cheap price. I saw kypes and assassin bean's wii and theirs looks cool where exactly do i solder the wired to the LED's? please dont say get a case or multimeter when i've seen that already, and it looks horrible
and wut looks horrible??
and where do u solder? u solder to the power source,simple as that

Offline 2XElite

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »
ahh sry stop makin fun of me lol, sorry but i just don't want a multimeter or buy one because this is probably going to be a one time use and i knew about it already, i just wanted to know right away where to solder the points but i havent looked in my wii yet im waiting to do it all in once sorry for your time guys but also thanks    :tup:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:25:06 PM by 2XElite »

Offline MykR0

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • mini me says?
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »
you could always tap the usb ports pos and neg its 5v just slap a 100 ohm resistor on it, depending on the color
-Projects done-
     psp slim
-Current Project-
        Wii
Neelix:  “Coffee, anyone?  Captain?”  Captain Janeway:  "No thanks.  I've had enough.  One more cup and I'll jump to warp." 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 ^translate me :)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 08:53:18 PM »
lol, hot avvy, jesica alba FTW xD

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
I second the USB port location. The underside is a good place to solder your wires to get a 5V and ground connection for your wires, and it is switched with the power button. There are test point on the underside of the mobo, and they are well labeled. You can use a multimeter on these to determine which post on the USB is 5V in case you DONT want to hack up a USB cord to find the same thing. Ground is easy, almost all the big traces where the metal plate touches is ground.

One thing I have found as mis-info lately is how to determine what resistor to use for an LED on which voltage. So here is some info:

On the 5V bus, the following LEDs have a 3.2V forward voltage:  BLue, White, and UV. Also Pink if you managed to get those.

The following LEDs have a 1.9-2.2 Forward Voltage:  Red, Green, Yellow, and Orange.

So if you have a Blue.White/UV/Pink led connected to the 5V USB port, use a 100 Ohm resistor. This will give you 18mAmps across teh LED. MykR0 was right on the money with that.

If you have  Red/Green/Yellow/Orange LED, use a 180 Ohm resistor. That will give you about 16mA. A resistor lower than that will lead to premature burn-out of the LED since most of them nowadays are rated for 20mAmps.

Simple rule:

Resistor = [(source voltage - LED voltage)/LED current]  where LED voltage is usually 3.2 or 2.0 volts, and LED current is usually 20mAmps. But using less Amps is hardly noticeable but will increase its lifespan.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »
hazer is that all for 0603's or 3mm? nice work btw.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »
hazer is that all for 0603's or 3mm? nice work btw.

99.9% of the time, yes. I believe all manufacturers have standardized this to reduce confusion since every LED has no identification as to part number.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal