Author Topic: here is a idea for a psp project  (Read 1072 times)

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
here is a idea for a psp project
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »
hello,i have an idea and dont think i have ever seen it done,,the psp has all kinds of cool media like movies and music game but it is hard for more than one person to get a good view of the screen at one time,so i was wondering if anyone has thought of putting a psp in a box style case and turning the sreeen in to a projection screen.i saw on you tube that a lcd can be taken apart and placed on an over head projector and display the image on a wall,and we all have seen the external controller mod i think the two of them would work together to make a realy cool portable media center that would still be small enough to take anywhere.

i posted this in spam and chat cause it isnt realy a mod just an idea and i dont have the funding to try a mod like this at this time but if anyone is tired of just making the psp blink in a cool new ways and want to give this a try i think it would be cool to see.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: here is a idea for a psp project
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:50:55 PM »
well you could make everything but the lense to catch light and re direct and it would be bulky with the lense and  you could run it with a moded backlight case with a lot more leds im tinking like another 20 white leds evenly spaced under the lcd and make a custom switch for them and something like the tv out for phat that clips on the screen and add the lense with adjuster dor different distances to display on the wall i estamate parts cost would be around 50 usd at the absolute maximum

Offline q123

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »
heres another idea or 2.

Is it possible to put leds in the psp that change color or fade. that way if u use a clear case, u can potentially have a different colored case from the changing leds whenever u want?

another idea

Is it possible to mod a slim psp with the chotto camera using the backplate of a psp fat and then control it so that the backplate acts like a lens cover, so on the outside it would look like a psp phat but when u slide the backplate to the side it reveals a sweet camera?

is there a place that sells backlit psp keys,  like on a macbook pro how the light goes through the keys so u can see them in the dark.  ive seen the completely clear keys that turn colors from the leds behind them but what about having the keys be black or regular color except for the symbol on them is clear so the light only shines out of the symbol and it appears backlit.  or even for the back psp symbol as well. i think that might be cool and i havent seen it yet. 

a possible batman themed psp? i dunno how yet but ill figure it out. (i dont think a hulk one would work well)

have there been any mods for a touchscreen? i doubt its possible but that would be sweet
iphone killer lol

anyways please comment on my ideas
if theyve been said b4 i wouldnt know cuz i just thought of them now but prolly not unlikely some1 has thought of them before

Offline 00G

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Woohoo, 1/2 more and I'm a pint!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
I've made the DIY projector using an LCD from a 15" Samsung.  I believe the PSP's LCD is black then does its color thing.  The computer LCDs are clearish which makes them great for a back-lit projector.  If you had a slim, send the composite to a retail projector.  I have seen someone use a camera and hood to capture the PSP screen then up onto a monitor.  I wasn't impressed, but it was a cool idea...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal