Author Topic: Psp Spill  (Read 1971 times)

Offline fallen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Psp Spill
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »
Ok, so i spilled lemonade on my psp ... and it wont turn on? how can i fix it.?

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Psp Spill
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 12:37:14 PM »
you have probably fried it  so most if not all the parts will likly be broke so you can either try buying new parts to see if it fixes it starting with the mother board or you will just need to buy a new one

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline DarkHawken

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »
Wait for it to dry out then try again. If it still dont work then I'd do what the guy above me said

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »
first off :drunk: in your work station is a big  :sadno:

I have had many electronics get wet I droped my sidekick in the toilet never worked again. Best thing to do is imedeatly pull out the battery for 2 reasons lithium+water=exposion and to try to save the electronic. I droped my camera in a pool before and i saved it i went in after it pulled out the battery I took it apart when i got home and let all the parts dry over night and in the morning it worked still works to this day and the board was soaked. The battery was fine too and the way its made its almost imposible for water to get in the case i had to cut above the glue and seal to open it because it was so well sealed and the battery had 2 metal plates glued into the top of case with slits on top in the plastic for contacts and battery was complety intact with no water in the case at all.

and note psp battery exploded in a kids pocket and burned his leg because it went trough the wash he was hurt pretty bad batteries and water can make big explosions because the battery is often incaseed in metal and if water leaks in then the lithium heats and expands and the metal or caseing will eventualy bust releaseing all the super heated gas and liquid and can catch fire if they are hot enoughf whe exposed to oxygen
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:38:37 PM by folklord36 »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »
submerge it in rice to dry out the inside. let it sit for a couple of days to make sure that all is dry. you may need a new battery.

also does anyone know how to get off super glue? my psp had a nasty accident on the fourth of july and the front screen area(outside) is covered in super glue. it makes the screen all blurry. i tried paint stripper and it didnt work.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 05:35:14 PM »
submerge it in rice to dry out the inside. let it sit for a couple of days to make sure that all is dry. you may need a new battery.

also does anyone know how to get off super glue? my psp had a nasty accident on the fourth of july and the front screen area(outside) is covered in super glue. it makes the screen all blurry. i tried paint stripper and it didnt work.
The cleanest way is to get a new faceplate  :cool:

Offline Bhawan

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »
ok open the psp take the mobo and all other stuff out then get something that evaporates i mean like alcohol(not whine chemical alcohol) then clean the mobo thoroughly with it then let it evaporate then put everything back in the psp..... it should work i have had 100% success with method (used it on my pc's mobo)

i am not responsible for what happens if you do something stupid or use any other thing then what i mentioned and remember alcohol can catch fire.....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:26:09 PM by Bhawan »

thanks chase for this sig =)
I miss my dragon lol....

Offline fallen

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »
Yeah nvm it was a friends psp he sold me for 35 bucks all it did was fry the charger so i just threw my old battery in it and vuala

Offline W4573D

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I aM< sUpEr > SeXy
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
i droped my psp in the toilet let it dry and sold it hahahaha :w00t:

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:57:58 AM »
At least you were old enough you did not put it in your mouth!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal