Author Topic: PSP Slim Mod To-Do List  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Slim Mod To-Do List
« on: July 21, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »
Alright, my profile might hint that I'm a noob, but I'm only a noob to this account so lets get that outta the way.

Here's a list of what I want to do to my PSP slim:
-internal HDD (must be able to play ISO's/Homebrew)
-Dual Nub (red)/replace the old one with a red one
-Sound reactive LED's in L/R buttons (red)
-LED swap in power on/wireless/mem card read (red)
-case mod (clear black)/red buttons (I CANT FIND ANY GOOD RED BUTTONS!! I dont like the cherry thats on cool mods, I need a darker tone)
-custom Jewel (with red lights behind it)
-usb charge mod

But here's the reason I even posted this:
I need help on the HDD and the dual nub (still waiting on that LordNico tut, or I'll put in the GEN360, whatever comes first, so I wont bother you guys on that).

My first thought was just a big 12 gb CF card and the Datel mod, but I found the datel has slow bookmarking and isnt capable of homebrew/iso's, so my next though was a flash based mp3 player's HDD. I want atleast 8gb's, but I can buy a MS card for about 80 bucks and just slide it in, but where's the fun in that?! 12 gigs is my current goal. I hate Multi- storage systems, I've been using 2 2GBs and a 512MB ms cards and honestly I cant stand switching back and forth. I did find this: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=T1-1012S1&cpc=RECOM and thought it might be small enough to fit inside (I have no problem with taking out the UMD drive)

any other ideas/links to 8GB+ psp HDD?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: PSP Slim Mod To-Do List
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:50:16 PM »
first of all flash memory is not a hard drive. second of all the psp is a slave so you can't connected that usb flash/hard drive to it.
for the third thing have you seen the sd card mod? you can get a 16gb sd card and put it in the psp.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14584.0

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 12:31:04 AM »
in regards to the red buttons, there are only two choices that i'm aware of. you can either get the set from coolmods (which are quite nice) or get a set from DX. unfortunatly, no one else sells them at the mo. i like your design idea tho, the black clear case with red would look sick! :)

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »
first of all flash memory is not a hard drive. second of all the psp is a slave so you can't connected that usb flash/hard drive to it.
for the third thing have you seen the sd card mod? you can get a 16gb sd card and put it in the psp.

Yes, I know it's not a "Hard Drive" per se, but people understood what I was talking about, no? when people hear "flash drive" most automatically think cards or usb flash sticks, or atleast I do. anyway, I do know the PSP is a slave and I never said anything about connecting via usb, I ment as in take out the drive from it's case and connect it internally to the MS card reader, most likely reverse engineering a MS reader > USB dongle.

The SD card I might do, but I havent heard word on the read/write speeds. they are around 60 bucks at the cheapest, so it is a viable option I guess.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »
Yes, I know it's not a "Hard Drive" per se, but people understood what I was talking about, no? when people hear "flash drive" most automatically think cards or usb flash sticks, or atleast I do. anyway, I do know the PSP is a slave and I never said anything about connecting via usb, I ment as in take out the drive from it's case and connect it internally to the MS card reader, most likely reverse engineering a MS reader > USB dongle.

The SD card I might do, but I havent heard word on the read/write speeds. they are around 60 bucks at the cheapest, so it is a viable option I guess.
if we could do what you are talking about we would have been able to connect a hdd to the psp already

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »
then why the heck haven't we? you can buy one of those dongles for like 75 cents it's not like were losing much from a little experimentation... any idea why it's not possible? I might get working on it if it is.

(now that I think about it, it would need an extra 5volts of power, if i didnt mod away any resistors/etc, effectively draining the power of the psp if you wanted to run anything of it for a period of time)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »
I'm saying we have tried it already and it doesn't work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal