Author Topic: Rumored PSP 3K  (Read 5373 times)

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
Rumored PSP 3K
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
New model rumor...discuss

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2008/07/22/rumour-new-psp-hardware-psp-3000/

July 22, 2008
Rumour: New PSP Hardware — PSP-3000?!
Posted by greg

A new PlayStation Portable could be in the works… That’s according to PSP China where the following images have surfaced:

The rumoured PSP-3000 model is said to sport a built-in microphone, updated buttons, a few cosmetic changes, and possibly cell phone support.

Realer than real-deal Holyfield? Well, no official word from Sony, and we at PSP-Hacks are a little skeptic concerning the authenticity of these photos. For the moment, this should be treated as pure speculation.

- source: kotaku

- "Stolen" from PSP-Hacks.com

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Re: Rumored PSP 3K
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »
well the images look real
nothing was said at E3 but that rly has nothing to do with it
it does seem alil early to be making a new psp but u nvr know
i think the cell phone idea sounds cool
i'd like to see the full psp

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:08:55 PM »
update on a fake lol!

From psp-hacks:

According to a poster on the PSPChina forums, the above is a "design sample" of another iteration of the PSP. The poster claims this information comes from a "reliable inside source" and that Sony had already finalized this basic design by the end of 2007. The only new addition so far is a built-in microphone, but otherwise the size and shape is the same as the PSP-2000. The Home button has been replaced by a PlayStation logo button just like the PS3 controller. Also noted is the hole between the volume buttons and the PSP logo, which the poster claims is where the microphone is located. The size of the metal ring has been reduced, allegedly to reduce scratches on it.

The poster claims he doesn't know the actual model number of the this PSP -- it could be a PSP-2100 or 3000 or something else entirely. "The pictures are actually of a design sample; whenever a new system is to be created, designers will follow Sony's instructions in creating several different versions. This is one of the versions that was created and then discarded. Next year when we buy this PSP, it will be slightly different, but I believe the microphone and smaller metal ring will remain."

Another set of pictures shows a black version of this so-called PSP-3000. The PlayStation button is slightly rounder and larger. The poster admits that the final design of real PSP-3000, or whatever the model number happens to be, is still unclear. Basically, even if everything this dude/dudette says is true, what we'll be seeing on store shelves might look completely different, assuming there is even a redesign in the works. Six more pictures after the jump.

My response to all this:
hahaha i have a psp 3000 psp slim with a internal mic lol seems like an uninformed liear trying to get atention if it were real he would have thrown a bunch of specs and things people care about into the post i mean if im not mistaken sony said they planed on moveing away from the umd drive on the 3000 model? also very weak story he happened to be in the secret office where they unvield the new model and he garbed it and jumped out the window? How would he get his hands on one when sony lets test samples leave the building then the person who has it wouldnt post pics on the web he would be fired and he has a black and white one? . to me it looks like a psp slim with a custom umd door and a moded home bar i could make the same thing (calls shop to tell them to fab a custom door). Not to bring anyones hopes down but the first pic is a psp slim starwars white i have the exact same backplate out right now and i have cataloged every hole and notch and screw mount and all other features of the pic with my backplate and they are EXACTLY THE SAME

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »
Well, PSP 2 will have PSN Support, and good Wifi Support.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »
there are too many rumors of a new psp but never enough proof. i will not believe it until i see it from sony my self.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »
when is PSP2 coming out

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
i bet an announcement will be made at TGS, E3 dont mean :censored: no more, its the crap they couldnt fit into TGS, or wanted to release a month earlier
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 11:16:25 AM »
the so called PSP "3000" is simply a modded psp!!!!

all you have to do for the smaller metal ring is to cut your old one a couple mm smaller I might do this for proof and post it here
also the internal microphone is nothing special Ive seen plenty of people with these!
and finally the home button is nothing special... oooh its a different symbol who cares if you are good enough at painting you could do this easily!!!

But this is just my opinion feel free to disagree with anything I have said...PLEASE!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 11:41:24 AM »
all you have to do for the smaller metal ring is to cut your old one a couple mm smaller I might do this for proof and post it here
Wrong, you would still have the indentation where the larger ring was, regardless of how small you made the new one.
also the internal microphone is nothing special Ive seen plenty of people with these!
You can't fit it where it was in the picture...
and finally the home button is nothing special... oooh its a different symbol who cares if you are good enough at painting you could do this easily!!!
It's a whole ADDED button, not a different one.

I think you should look and think first before flapping your mouth like you know everything.

Offline LeadBaron

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »
Well...We will have to wait until TGS to be sure. When is that? Next month?

They will NOT announce a new PSP, sice they just announced 2 new bundles, one at E3. No, this is either BS, or a very early prototype planned for next year at the earliest.

Also, anybody remember at 3.80, when M33 found that PRX name-change? Yeah. Think about that for a while.

Offline xualse

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 01:51:23 PM »
:eyebrow: Well considering that the 2nd generation PSP started development 4 years after the 1st, I highly doubt that the 3rd generation PSP would start development just 9-10 months after the 2nd. Even Sony wouldn't take a huge dump on us like that. I call BS (imho:photoshopped).

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »
Ok not a NEW button, but it's a completely different size. First off it's smaller. You're not just gonna be able to make a smaller buttons and be able to reshape the faceplate area and fcp...

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
i think SONY WILL start puttim out a new model every   :censored:ing 18 months which sucks  :dntknw:

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »
I think the biggest thing they are going to do is what they are doing on the new MOBOS.

Make them non Pandora. They are trying to appease the software writers who are saying the
system is to easy to mod and bypass the software protection. They are screaming now because
we can run all the software from our memory sticks.

The really stupid part is, that people that steal software 99% of the time would never have bought it anyway.

At the cost of these programs, I hate getting screwed when a program does not do what I want.
I run a bandit version until I find out if I like it or not, if I don't like it I throw it away, if I like it I buy it. Maybe if the marketing people would not hype crap as good stuff, we wouldn't pirate to check it out.

How many of you have bought a product based on the packaging and when you run it, it has nothing to do with what was on the box ?  How many times do the graphics on the box not even
resemble what the program is like ?

They will do all the new motherboards to require a jtag interface to change the boot loader firmware.
This will stop all but the hard core hackers which no one can stop anyway.

But some of the smartest hackers are on this site. We will always find a way around it.

I will get off my soap box now.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »
sorry about my statement I have now realized that the back door would be hard to mod
although the mic you would just have to make a hole then cut the button strip with the homebar and fit in a small microphone(verysmall)
but I still dont see how the home button is smaller?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 08:40:09 PM »
but I still dont see how the home button is smaller?
It's a different shape sorta too.

And for the mic you would need to so something with the ribbon too. That's the problem.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
also very weak story he happened to be in the secret office where they unvield the new model and he garbed it and jumped out the window?
i lol'ed at that

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 04:57:44 AM »
i really don't think sony is going to realise a new version of the psp, not yet anyway. i think they would want to address the lack of a second joystick first. besides as sony are about to realise two new coloured psp bundles, it would make no sence bring out the new one. they'ed lose alot of money plus, i'm sure they have quite a few slims to get rid of.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal