Author Topic: ARROW BUTTONS HELP! :FIXED:  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
ARROW BUTTONS HELP! :FIXED:
« on: July 22, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »
wanting to lose some weight and make some dough, I did a little house cleaning in my psp slim and took out the UMD disc reader tray.

That's all fine and good, but somehow, without even touching the arrow's connection cable, all my directionals are shot! when the ribbon cable is firmly in and the flap of the port is closed, the left button is constantly held down and the up/down arrows dont work (pressing the right just makes it jump back and forth).
when the connection's flap is up all of the buttons except for the left works, and the up/down are shifty... and if you apply pressure to the rig, the left will press. as far as I can tell all the other buttons work (/\ and [] are the only 2 that do something in the XMB, and all the buttons at the botttom work)

anything to do with cleaning the ports or just connections, etc?  I really dont Havve the money to just buy a new slim and any help would be greatly appreciated. :beg:

FIXED: I looked at the bottom of the conductor, seems there was a slight crimp (either fingernail or screwdriver, who cares) which suppressed the thing, making it seem like a button was being pressed, good thing is this part is about 3 bucks on deal extreme, so I'm good to go!
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11472
btw, anyone wanna buy a umd read tray? :greedy:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 11:51:40 PM by Lemcott »

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: ARROW BUTTONS HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:11 PM »
hey, sorry to seem a lil impatient but... I gotta bump this thread...

I really need help on this problem, my d-pad is really royally screwed and getting a replacement conductive pad or mobo is kinda out of the question right now any help would be greatly appreciated...

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: ARROW BUTTONS HELP!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »
wanting to lose some weight and make some dough, I did a little house cleaning in my psp slim and took out the UMD disc reader tray.

That's all fine and good, but somehow, without even touching the arrow's connection cable, all my directionals are shot! when the ribbon cable is firmly in and the flap of the port is closed, the left button is constantly held down and the up/down arrows dont work (pressing the right just makes it jump back and forth).
when the connection's flap is up all of the buttons except for the left works, and the up/down are shifty... and if you apply pressure to the rig, the left will press. as far as I can tell all the other buttons work (/\ and [] are the only 2 that do something in the XMB, and all the buttons at the botttom work)

anything to do with cleaning the ports or just connections, etc?  I really dont Havve the money to just buy a new slim and any help would be greatly appreciated. :beg:

btw, anyone wanna buy a umd read tray? :greedy:

Try taking out the ribbon cables for the buttons you having problems with and putting it back it in. Sometimes you can put it in to far which can make problems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal