Author Topic: need help with emulator  (Read 1314 times)

Offline negg13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
need help with emulator
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
the emulators im trying to load is daedalus and i have 150 kernal on my psp recovery mode eboot enabled what am i doing wrong or what do i need to do

Offline miceen0

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: need help with emulator
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »
Ok this is very simple; you need to put the homebrew into the right folder, and have the right kernal selected. You should have three game folders in the PSP folder they are: GAME150 GAME GAMEXXX (the XXX is for whatever firmware you are running for example I have 3.80m33-5 so mine is GAME 380). You need to put Daedalus into the right folder, I have seen Daedalus for 1.50 and 2.xx/3.xx. The way to figure this out is if the homebrew has two folders, one has a name and the other has the same name with a percent sign, then it is a 1.50 homebrew. If it has only one than it is a 2.xx/3.xx homebrew (unless specified differently).

So you can do this one of three ways; one way is to put the 1.50 homebrew into the GAME150 and the 2.xx/3.xx homebrew in the game folder and use the kernal that is the same as your firmware (for example I have 3.80m33-5 so I would use the 3.80 kernal). The other way is to put the 1.50 homebrew into the GAME folder and put the 2.xx/3.xx homebrew into the GAMEXXX folder (again the XXX is the firmware you have), then use the 1.50 kernal. And the last and worst (in my opinion) way is to put all homebrew into the GAME folder and switch kernals depending on the homebrew you with to run.

It is up to you, I believe most umds won't run on the 1.50 kernal (unless they were made for firmware 1.50 or older) and you can't use the internet with the 1.50 kernal because internet wasn't an option untill later. So I use the the first way I told you and I switch it to the 1.50 kernal when ever I wish to run ISO's/CSO's (and if you don't know how to do that then there is probably a forum on this site that will teach you how, use the search function).

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
you can't use the internet with the 1.50 kernal because internet wasn't an option untill later.

You CAN use the internet with the 1.50 kernel addon enabled. it doesnt affect the internet at all

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline negg13

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »
no fixed it a while ago and all i had to do was re-install the custom firmware

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal