Author Topic: NDS Mods LEDs  (Read 1562 times)

Offline dawar10ck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
NDS Mods LEDs
« on: August 02, 2008, 09:21:46 AM »
I am wanting to put in some LEDs in my NDSLite and was hoping for some tips. ive found a couple of tutorials with good photographs. is there anything i should be careful of or any special techniques people find helpful?

i am looking at purchasing 0603 surface mount leds...i believe these are the correct fit.

also does anybody know how much the LEDs affect battery life? i was planning to put in one on each upper corner one behind each L+R buttons one behind the control pad A+B buttons and perhaps two on the very bottom by the GBA slot

that seems like a lot and that worries me. how much is too much? i always have my screens on the lowest brightness which greatly improves battery life but with all these i dont know how useful that would be. i want to keep a descent battery life so how much is too much?

Thanks  :hifive:

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: NDS Mods LEDs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:27:50 AM »
LED's use like 2% of battery life. They barey use any of your battery up.

Also this should probly be in the Nintendo DS forum,,

welcome to Acidmods

Here is a good spot for Tuts..  http://n-mod.com/

This is Rocky's site

Yes 603 SMD leds are good fit just know if you dont know how to solder i wouldnt do this until you know how

Offline dawar10ck

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: NDS Mods LEDs
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:34:03 AM »
awesome thanks

yeah i wasnt sure which tab to put it in i guessed wrong

i am most definately going to practice before i try this for real. im going to do a lot of diagramming and practice soldering.

anyway thanks for the help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal