Author Topic: I just repaired rrod xbox 360  (Read 1476 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
I just repaired rrod xbox 360
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »
My stepdads friend from work had a broke one i think it can be fixed i have everything accept the hdd what happens if you turn your xbox on with no hdd on it? because he already told me it was broke that's all i know is it is broke and when i plug it into my tv with no hdd i get no picture and i hear the start up sound then i get rrod im opening it up right now any advice would be great ive read and herd lots of them can be fixed with washers and some screws and bolts hope thats my problem.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:43:12 AM by folklord36 »

Offline rulemob

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: I just got a Free XBOX 360
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:39:25 PM »
You dont need the hd to play or make sure that it works? Is 3 red light most of the ones I've fixed will give you an error screen or at least a black screen if you dont get that try a different av cable you might have a bad video cable. but good luck with the fix on your free xbox.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
yes it was the av cable it has to be bent a certin way to work i didnt know i just had this thing droped in my lap. So on the first test it would just do the 3 light like 3 seconds after booting so i opened it up and wasnt shure if that was because the hhd is missing or what i never planed on haveing one as i dont have the money so idk anything about them and enderd up testing it again with the case just open with everything exposed and it worked fine all i have is the cod4 game and for testing i just ran around a empty multi player map cus i cant do anything else to test it with no hdd and it seems to be working fine so i plan on just adding some fans to it to keep it cool i feel so un prepared i have no spare parts and pretty much have no idea what im doing lol

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »
The 360 will start up fine and everything without the HD in there. If you get sound and no picture, make sure the AV cable is set to the right setting (TV or HDTV. If it's wrong, it won't show picture. Speaking from experience >_>)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
I just got a Free XBOX 360
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »
ok so i talked to his friend and he said sometimes it boots rrod sometimes or it will play for an hour or 2 then rrod so i simply jumped the stock fans up to 12 volts and added 2 small pc fans for circulation and viola ran it for about 14 hrs now non stop just got home its pretty warm and LOUD but still running fine i never thought the day would come when i would get a 360

thinking about taping into the unused fan lines for leds!! good idea or bad?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:44:39 AM by folklord36 »

Offline IDontGetHowtoWire

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 06:24:01 PM »
thinking about taping into the unused fan lines for leds!! good idea or bad?

Only way to find out is if you try it!  :cool:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal