Author Topic: Creating a 360 Controller to make First Person Shooters more fun...  (Read 1755 times)

Offline dvsbstrd

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Derek McNelly
So, the other day, me and my buddies were playing Halo 3 (of course. I mean, what else would you get a 360 for?) and I left the Guitar Hero controller plugged in and I figured, well, "What the hell, why not?"

So, I played around with it, and everything was functional, Green button jumps, red melees, yellow changes weapons, and blue, well, blue doesn't do anything. You can look around just like you would with the right analog, so look up to look up, down for down, and whammy bar controls left and right look. To fire, you c*ck the controller up fast like you would if you were activating star power in GH2 or 3.

Well, this is all well and good, but the big problem is, there's no way to move around like you would with the left stick. Which led me to my big idea.

If I were to take a Guitar Hero controller's tilt sensor, cut a 360 controller in half, get some sort of rifle like casing and have a set up so that you hold it with two hands (left hand in front) with the front grip having the left stick, left trigger, and left shoulder button, the back grip having the ABXY buttons, the right trigger, and the right shoulder button, and put the D-Pad/Start/Back somewhere on the housing, do you think there's any way to wire the tilt sensor(s) (I'd have to use one for up/down and one for left/right most likely) in place of the right analog stick? I know I'm losing the crouch functionality, but I could just wire up a button on the back grip for crouching.

I really want to do this, and I think this would be a sweet mod not only for Halo, but for like Call of Duty or other first person shooters. I'm just hoping this is possible. What do you think of my idea?

Offline yuckzee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Creating a 360 Controller to make First Person Shooters more fun...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »
im new to mod your idea seems pritty cool

Offline IDontGetHowtoWire

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
Play around with the idea. That sounds like its do-able. It'd be cool to see that.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »
It's completely doable. Just need to find a light gun or something that would fit a controller shell in there, and take the sensor out of the guitar, and you're pretty much good to go.

ccccpie

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
You guys realize this was posted almost a year ago right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal