Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > Nintendo Wii

Wireless sensor bar tutorial (56k warning)

(1/5) > >>

redryno1221:
This tut is for people with a moderate soldering skill and some patience. This tut will allow you to choose whether you want your sensor bar to be completely wireless or a hybrid in case you want to use the power from the wii. DO NOT RUN THE SENSOR BAR ON THE BATTERY AND HAVE IT PLUGGED IN YOU CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR WII, SENSOR BAR, AND/OR THE BATTERY MAY EXPLODE!

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility for what you do to your game consoles, controllers, and/or accessories. Please look at the whole tut and make sure you read the entire tutorial to evaluate whether you can accomplish it. Thanx.

What you need:
    1.Soldering iron/solder
    2.triwing screwdriver
    3.Sensor bar (obviously)
    4.hot glue gun and glue
    5.wire
    6.Switch (optional)
    7.330ohm resistor (band colors are {orange}{white}{brown}{gold}
    8.electrical tape
    9.Dremel

1.First thing you need to do is locate the screws on the underside of the sensor bar

2.Now remove the cover and it should look similiar to this

3.identify the positive and ground points and solder the 330ohm resistor to the positive point.

4.solder the black wire from the 9volt cap to the negative point and then attach another 6in wire to the resistor

5.now remove the leds off the right side and fold them over to the left so you can add a switch

6.i cut a hole for my switch into the back of the case (this step will vary depend on the switch you use, if you use one at all)

7.i placed my switch in the slot i cut to make sure it fit and it can be switched on and off easily

8.again these next steps will vary depending on switch/size and placement. but now you can solder the red wire from the 9volt cap to the switch along with the wire that was previously attached to the resistor.

9.After it's wired up make sure no of the wires are covering the holes for the screws

10.you will now need to add hot glue on and around the switch to keep it in place when it's being switched on and off

11.the next step depends on whether your going to keep or cut the original wire but you may need to cut the wire support pictured below

12.now close it up and make sure nothing is shorting out the wires and the case closes completely and ENJOY :P

PspKicks316:
Nice tut. Stickied ;D

Tri-edge:
NICE! I am so going to radio shack tomorrow and buying the parts so I can do this  :hifive:

redryno1221:

--- Quote from: pspkicks316 on July 27, 2008, 10:49:29 PM ---Nice tut. Stickied ;D

--- End quote ---
Thanx

Tri-edge:

This would have beeen so much cooler if I didn't already buy a wireless sensor bar  :laughing:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version