Author Topic: will this method work for the ps3 controller?  (Read 4221 times)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
will this method work for the ps3 controller?
« on: July 28, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »
i've been reading about the new xbox rapid fire mod and i love the idea.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=17135.0

could this method work for the ps3 controller? seems alot easier than the first one (not that it was bad).

Offline DarkHawken

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: will this method work for the ps3 controller?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:39:25 AM »
I dont know but I'd like to know too  :beg:

Offline trigonometry3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:35:10 PM »
I took apart mine today and fooled around with it i used this to find the right connections, i think if it can be done i got close but i didn't do any thing with solder yet im just holding the wire up which also might be my problem.  Its just a shot in the dark for me trying to get it to work i probably seem pretty stupid to people who actually know what there doing.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 05:40:12 AM »
at least your trying dude. hopefully you pull it off. if you do let me and the other know. this would be a very handy mod for private gaming with mates. :)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
Sorry guys, that's not going to work, and neither will any other 360 controller related R/F (Rapid Fire) mod without more being done to it. The PS3 controller has such a weirdo button setup that ya have to actually connect the 2 lines in the controller that make up that button, with the 360 controllers it's just a matter of sending ground or voltage to the Trigger line and that's much easier to do. In order to make a PS3 controller R/F ya need another IC like the SN74LV4066 (Quad Bi-Lateral Switch) or similar to simulate pressing the button, then ya have the R/F 555 timer or PIC turn it on/off and ya still need a button for it as using the existing one isn't doable either, again because of the way the PS3 controller works.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:41:16 PM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline trigonometry3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:54:36 PM »
yea after i played around with it i figured it wouldn't work and felt like a fool ha no but really i still added a push button switch to my R2 button which is pretty useful but still I'd like to learn more about how all that works.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:21 AM »
hopefully us ps3 lovers will get a similer control mod. i've looked myself but i can't see a way of adapting the xbox new method. gonna keep testing, there must be a way of doing this.

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »
Hey man. I got a method and I posted it earlier. Here's what it looks like I'm going to do. The only company that can get my Hex back off my chip is located in China and will cost me $250 to have the code pulled. Here is my proposition:

1. I would like the guys who control the acidmods store to contact me with regards to my method
2. Once I have talked to them, I will send my chip to have the code pulled
3. Once I get the code pulled, I will program some chips and send them a couple kits so they can try it out on their PS3 controllers (if they have them)
4. If they agree with my method and see it as valid, I would like to have them post this in their shop. The post would go as follows:

Programmed PIC 16F684 = $7 plus shipping
Full Kit = $12 plus shipping
Personal flashing of a 16F684 with the code if you already have a chip = $5 plus shipping.

I am only going to sell this initially to recoup for my time and the money I have to put into getting the code back off my chip. Once I have recouped the money, I will then release the code as OPEN SOURCE for the world to have.

If you guys at acidmods are interested, drop me a PM. If all goes through as planned, I will get the ball rolling next week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal