Author Topic: Still no Razor X Tutorial?  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Fmstrat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Still no Razor X Tutorial?
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:25 AM »
Hey guys,

Been reading the site for a while now, big into console modding just starting playing with PSP.  I ran into the Razor X videos and decided I want to give it a go.  While this site has been an absolute plethora of information, I'm surprised to see that no tutorial (that I could find) was written.  The best I could find was:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18025.0 ... which lists out the parts you need, but then replies say you don't need everything, and...
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=19847.0 ... which appears to be the solder points for it.

That being said, is there a step by step tutorial for the fat PSP?  I've read a billion posts but they all seem to focus on specific areas, and I'm not able to put the whole picture together.  If not, if someone could walk through the steps verbally with details, such as if I have to worry about mobo differences, is that power board really needed from the first topic, etc, I'd be happy to make a tutorial with pictures as I've done a few of those before for other devices.

Thanks!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: Still no Razor X Tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:09:51 PM »
if you have the psp already you don't need to buy the powerboard as it is already in it. all you need to do is get the razor x and an analog stick. put them together and solder them to the powerboard, drill a hole for the second nub and put the whole thing back together and it should work. 

Offline sbeul

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »
I found a tuto on french site ! (i'm french ^^) but... what i want is a tuto for psp SLIM =/  like l0rdnic0 (he's very strong o__O)

euh... wg=hat else? ah ! It's the super mega tuto !

And I have a question, with this tuto, can i mount the razor X on my psp slim? =X
   thanks !
je comprend que dalle à l'anglais, mais je suis la et je persiste ! (PSP slim & lite 4.01m33-2 flashed without  other psp :D

Jésus peut marcher sur l'eau, mais Chuck Norris peut marcher sur Jésus..

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »
Cooooool Je parle francais!!!!!!!!Mais je ne suis pas fluide :(.This mod is kind of self explanatory,its also a very hard mod,if you're not able to figure it out,then you probably shouldn't be trying it....
Derp.

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »
I think i know generally what has to be done to be able to to do it but i need to be reassured that what i think it right,is actually right. So i am going to wait for a tut to be 100% confident.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:29:16 PM »
i wouldve thought on slim it was the same, but that its on a different type of circuit board. If someone gave me a picture of what contacts did what on the Flexible Circuit Board for the /\O[]X, then surely its a matter of soldering to them from the analog, like you do to the traces on the ABXY/Power Board on the PSP Phat. The only thing i dont know is if you need to solder on a ground point from the Razor X to the board on the PSP, but i dont think so.

Im quite sure also that you can just use the same analog stick as you do for the mod for the Phat.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:03:15 PM by ProperBritish »

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
Wow that is very sad some french site got the initiative to do a tut before the site who invented it and collects money on every razor sale that's is why it is 30 bucks for a 1 dollar pcb also nice link to tut pics ave very useful never seen pics of assembly like that on AM.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
Anyway, im more interested in dual nubbing the PSP3000, so i wont be needing Slim info. Im just gonna have to get good at following traces :P

Anyone know how the Flexible Circuit Board on the Slim works? it just looks blank to me.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:29:45 PM »
ya there is a conductive material in there probably some kind of super flexible metal but i dont think you can solder to it if you scratch it but just maybe you can use the needle method to tap each line and solder to it but i mean I know its intimidating to solder on your mobo to the zif connector but it isn't too difficult if you make a custom soldering iron tip thats the first thing about working with small points like that just take a dremmel to the soldering iorn tip and make it thin and long as possible makes things like this 100000x easier also hint hint there are some alternate soldering points above the zif connector folow the traces from zif connector to these points they are a little bit easier to solder on

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »
yeah you can follow the traces and if you're lucky they go under with an exposed golden circle which is super easy to solder to.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:43:34 PM by ProperBritish »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »
ya there is a gold circle for ground but all the other ones there is like a capacitor or something that you can solder on the front of it but on some mobos they are all bunched together but on some each button has a spaced and tined point to solder on but if the component comes off because you heat it too much I doubt that button will ever work again.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »
hmm im just gonna have to wait until i buy a PSP3000, crack that baby open

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal