Author Topic: Looking for a N64 connector.  (Read 2308 times)

Offline DaBeast

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Total PCB Newb
Looking for a N64 connector.
« on: June 14, 2008, 02:59:41 PM »
Hi all, i need a N64 connector (you know, the one where you input a game card). The pinns of it are all bend and not tight anymore. I tried to open the connector, but i failed. I know they sell NES connectors, but i cant find a N64 connector anywhere. Does anyone know where i can get it besides rippin it off a console?

Thanks
Ö

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

Re: Looking for a N64 connector.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »
I think your best bet would be to rip one, that way you can test first ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nintendo-64-N64-Console-only_W0QQitemZ320262904488QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3591QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheap console only

Hope this helps.

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:43:43 AM »
You posted this in BenHeck forum too, so I am replying in both.

I was wanting to reply in your other posting too, but the images you used were so large it caused my computer to freeze - there is no reason to use pics larger than 800 pixels. Basically, you must use a third party N64 controller, then you can link a joystick from any other controller to use it. All joysticks use 4 connectors, ground, VCC data, Horizontal, Vertical. Even the PSP does.

On an N64:

On a PSP:

You can use a small screwdriver and tease the pins out a bit more on the N64 cart slot, so they make better contact, otherwise you can easily replace the cart slot with another as they detach from the mobo easily, without soldering. See my threads for more details if you need to.

Offline DaBeast

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Total PCB Newb
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:55:08 AM »
The original controller has 6 wires too. One white one and 5 gray ones. Ive edited the post now so it are url piccies, rather hen embedded. Ok, so its a completely different system. But there must be a way of converting it imo.. Im sure if i knew what the differences are (signal sided) a friend of mine could help me build some sort of converter..

Thanks for the scematic mate :) .
Ö

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »
Err is this in the right topic, isnt this https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=19518.0the one about your joystick?

I think bacteria is right on this one, I really dont think the original controllers are going to be compatible with any of the more common analog sticks. I dont think a converter is out of the question but it would probably not be worth the effort considering the time it would take to research and build.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal