Author Topic: Pandora's Battery Switch Mod advice  (Read 1747 times)

Offline splodger15

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Pandora's Battery Switch Mod advice
« on: July 30, 2008, 01:52:35 AM »
Hello,

I recently tried the Pandoras battery hardmod which involed cutting the pin from the board since this was the only option I had at the time I had to do it. I have been reading up on a switch mod will this still work for me even though I have cut the 5th pin leg. I have a switch (Noobie question) how can I tell which side is + and - , plus is there a full tutorial somewere to show how to do this mod as I really need my battery up and running back to normal.

Thanks    :tup:

Offline splodger15

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Pandora's Battery Switch Mod advice
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:29:59 AM »
Switches don't have + and - , since when you flick it, it grounds the pins together, creating - or when you flip it off , breaking the circuit.

Di you cut the leg completely off? or is there still some visible metal remaining on the ic? if so solder a wire onto the little bit of the leg that is still visible, solder that wire into Pin 1 of a switch, then solder a wire from pin of the switch into the pad that was connecting the lg to the circuit board originally, but make sure the 2 wires don't touch each other or you will get a short circuit in your wiring which would cause the battery to turn into a normal battery.

Hmm seems a difficult job

There is some metal visibly clear but only a little  so the switch would go

[switch]
|------|
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
1.       2.

Pin 1 goes to the top of the IC Leg while pin 2 goes to the bottom bit on the board is this correct.

Offline splodger15

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 02:59:52 AM »
Also I have been reading up about disconnecting the battery should I disconnect it or try the job with the battery connected.

Offline MAG-123

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:39:03 AM »
I would disconnect the battery to do the job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal