Author Topic: Thoughts and Questions  (Read 1216 times)

Offline boxerorange

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Thoughts and Questions
« on: July 31, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »
The USB Port on the PSP is a slave, as I've read several times, and this is why you can't connect something to it for a hard drive. I'm guessing that this is a hardware issue, not software. My understanding is that if it was software we would be able to get around that with custom firmware. Correct?

Also. I would like to change the case on my PSP, but have only found one website that sells cases - coolmods.co.uk - are there others that anybody knows of? Coolmods is kind of pricey, especially because the dollar is really weak right now.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Thoughts and Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
The USB Port on the PSP is a slave, as I've read several times, and this is why you can't connect something to it for a hard drive. I'm guessing that this is a hardware issue, not software. My understanding is that if it was software we would be able to get around that with custom firmware. Correct?

Also. I would like to change the case on my PSP, but have only found one website that sells cases - coolmods.co.uk - are there others that anybody knows of? Coolmods is kind of pricey, especially because the dollar is really weak right now.
I think its hardware but not sure. And try dealextreme.com

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 08:57:48 PM »
It is hardware.

But even if we install hardware then you would still have
to write the complete software stack and drivers.

Not a trivial job at all

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »
Exactly the hard has to be master and in order for the psp to recognize it there has to be drives like gr8npwrfl proposed.
Its almost like dealing with a PC but you the hard can be changed from master to slave.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal