Author Topic: Rumble PSP Slim  (Read 2221 times)

Offline JoblessPunk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Rumble PSP Slim
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
I found this and I thought it would be useful for adding rumble to your PSP Slim

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8449

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: Rumble PSP Slim
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 05:01:16 AM »
Grea find JP.  :tup: this would work well for a rumble mod. perfect size, but i wonder how powerful it would be?

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »
Grea find JP.  :tup: this would work well for a rumble mod. perfect size, but i wonder how powerful it would be?

Says it shakes from 2-3.6V and crazily at any poin past 3v.  I guess that says something. But there's really only one way to truly find out and thats if someone buys and tests it.

Offline Lemcott

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:33:17 PM »
eh? what happened to my reply?!

ah well, here it goes.

you could also use the little motors inside of a cell phone, probably easy and cheaper to get if you have some old cellies around. problem is though, what would you hook it up to? the games dont support it, and the only thing i see worth doing is hooking it up to the speakers so it pulses to the beat....

actually now that I think about it, hook that up with some sick tri-color sound reactive led's, while blasting some daft punk and you got a pretty portable rave!

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »
eh? what happened to my reply?!

ah well, here it goes.

you could also use the little motors inside of a cell phone, probably easy and cheaper to get if you have some old cellies around. problem is though, what would you hook it up to? the games dont support it, and the only thing i see worth doing is hooking it up to the speakers so it pulses to the beat....

actually now that I think about it, hook that up with some sick tri-color sound reactive led's, while blasting some daft punk and you got a pretty portable rave!

LOL. Yea thats how the other rumble mods are done. they are connected to the speaker outputs, not sure if its directly or with some other chip but yea...

Offline JoblessPunk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:19:30 AM »
I don't know much about how to add rumble to the PSP Slim, but this seems to be the best information about it:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=19504.msg148493#msg148493

OK all you’re on the right path but your all reinventing the wheel a little. First I’d like to say that if you were planning on hooking a motor to an LM386 directly you would be sad to find that the motor would continuously spin and never stop at all EVER unless you switch to headphones or muted the sound. Second think about what resistors do, they add resistance. So if I hook up an LM386 following the Sound Mod Tut and measured the output voltage from the LM386 (where you would connect the + side of the LED) you would find a Voltage of somewhere near 1.8 Volts when it’s quiet. To stop the motor from spinning (since it doesn’t work like a led with Minimum Operating Voltage) you would need to put enough resistance to KILL ALL VOLTAGE when the sound is minimal. That’s gonna impact your rumble big time. The right way to do this at least the way you probably should do this is with a magnetic reed switch. There is a POC of you do a search Cyber wrote it and I know TimmyDX has released a working POC in our General Forum some time ago so use the search button! Having worked on this with Cyber I have a lot of info and have even created a PSP POC (Now if I could only find parts small enough!!!) If you need help trying to hook this up in the PSP I can tell you how as Timmy’s POC was for the DS but it would be wired the same.

When I get to work I’ll send you the links to the two POCs I talked about and Link you my pictures of the Rumble in the slim.

Edit Here are some Pic's and I forgot to mention that the Slim Rumble Mod needs a 2.5 Volt or 2 Volt break point too but you will learn about that when you find Cybers POC or Timmys POC in the DS but if you remember I posted a topic in the slim section a few Months ago and said something like Guess what this is

Well if you still havent guessed its the 2.5 or 2 volt break point on the slim. Here are some other pictures...

OK its late I gotts to go to work! By for now.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:20:41 AM »

LOL. Yea thats how the other rumble mods are done. they are connected to the speaker outputs, not sure if its directly or with some other chip but yea...

Noooooo!!!!!

It wont work...If connected to the speakers it would always be on..

Its not that easy

Like JB said follow Cyber's Diagram

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 08:39:35 AM »
Noooooo!!!!!

It wont work...If connected to the speakers it would always be on..

Its not that easy

Like JB said follow Cyber's Diagram
Think, then post. That was so unnecessary. Sanctus posted BEFORE JP posted the diagram.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal