Author Topic: Planning Open Source Rapidfire *Update* video  (Read 20821 times)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Planning Open Source Rapidfire *Update* video
« on: August 09, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
Things are coming along:

[youtube=425,350]KshyO--B1_k[/youtube]

So right now I have rapid/sleeper functioning on old and new controllers with same code.
Different fire rates are selected by pressing a program button (almost finished with sleeper mode)
The timings to be selected will need to be tweaked for best effect on all games.

I am currently working on tightening up the sleeper wiring.
Program settings will be stored in EEPROM.
I am thinking about making the programming button on the shoulder. If you hold it down for 4 seconds, you change to the next state.
I currently have a status LED working on both new/old controllers.
All circuits will be controller safe.

I am a little put off that not a single person has any concern for burning out thier controller by wiring the PICs outputs directly to the wiper analog inputs.....

Once I get the standard code cleaned, I will post scematics and assembly code and hex files.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:13:59 PM by Hazer »
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Planning Open Source Rapidfire
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 12:12:20 PM »
Make something along the lines of the sleeper rapid fire. Since Mike never released a code for it, you can't possibly steal it, just the idea of it. I believe that's what xboxexpert did. He just saw what Mike did and replicated it. Just make something that can be used for both triggers with the possibility of an on/off switch (not sync button).

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
now that's what im talking about :clap: :tup: great TEAM spirit. Ya a sleeper with both triggers. :#1:

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
I'm happy as long as it works for all games.  Thanks man, this'll be great

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 03:00:30 PM »
sure release it, we need more on ebay. :beg:

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 03:05:53 PM »
I don't see why the codes don't get released. They're on ebay, they're always gonna be on ebay. If people are stupid enough to buy them, that's their choice. We're the smart ones who are looking to do it for pennies. If they're so compulsive that they go ahead and buy on ebay, then that's not our fault. Just my opinion. But anyways, if this guy can make a similar code as Mike's then more power to him. He's willing to put some time in for no profit.

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
Go for it .. make all these people happy oh and help out the ebay ..
it will get stolen and copy the credit will go to some one else ..
and have to deal with bunch of diff people ideah i want this no
i want that so its ongoing loop can't never get everyone happy
100%  :tup: go for it and best of luck to you .

Any profit that we make gose to better the site pay's for the server and pays for new ideah
parts cost money shipping cost money testing and finding new way cost money Oh don't forget
My time is time away from my family from my work that i could be doing.
I have the Best Price on Web i been doing Sleeper mod for people who can't do it for free
I'm flashing the chips for free.
Thats is the best i can do for now.

Hazer 100% behind you all the way make our members happy Please  

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:22:14 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
atleast put a limit on it, like 100 power on's and then has to be reprogramed, to protect from ebay.  everyone should be happy with that since they have a programer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »
I agree with gameroms 100%. Release the sleeper with the 1,000 use limit and BAM, problem solved.. Good luck hazer

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »
hell a thousand is to much, say you power your controller 5 times a day, thats 200 days, way to much, personally i think reprograming of 1 per month  should be fine for everyone with a programer.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
Mike: I just want to be sure. It sounded like you are OK with me posting an open-source.

Everyone: There will be no limit. I will be posting both hex AND assembly code. People can take it and modify it to thier liking. It can evolve by others. It can be ripped and sold on Ebay. I dont care about Ebay. I dont care about credit. I think it would be a fun challenge that hopefully the people here can take advantage of.

As far as Ebay goes: If people want to spend $40 for what would cost $5 from posting a completely open project, so be it. If the people here who have already bought programmers can get something from it, that makes it worth my time. If someone wants to invest a small amount of cash and put together kits and undercut the Ebayers on Ebay, that would serve justice. I really dont care either way.

I have a CG controller on hand to start with and plan to rent COD4 and Halo3 to start with. I am looking at the hardware to start.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »
y even make it that hard tho bro programmers and stuff you can do the same with indepth timers and sutch

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »
Make it unlimited uses.
I hope dozens of people FLOOD eBay with chips and the prices drop to 10 dollars per kit.
I guarantee that's what will happen. It's all supply and demand. Demand is REALLY high, the code isn't available, so supply is low.

I think we need any 12F683 chips to have STANDARD WIRING.
I like the wiring diagrams that exist now; that way we don't have to keep opening our controllers to change the wiring around.

I'm still dying to get some code; crippled or not, to get the rapid fire with switch activation.

4-----5
Switch A  3       6    Trigger A
Switch B  2       7    Trigger B
VCC        1__-__8   Ground

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »
I plan to make it easier, not harder. Currently the 555 timer has to be wired differently for each type of controller and every circuit requires caps and pots and I have seen alot of posts about wierd behavior. 555 timers are not very stable. Also, I have read alot of issues of single fire glitch just before rapidfire. And there is also another bug where even the PIC chips slow-down or stop working altogether after some time.

As it is, I have some testing to do on the wiper for the trigger pots. Something about wiring the PICs output directly to the pot does not sit well with me. I will explain after I can confirm.

My goal is to have one PIC program that can be wired to all controllers (CG/Matrix, wired/wireless, and 3rd party cheappies if possible). There is currently 3 pins not even being used on most designs. It would be easy to use at least one as a controller identifier. If its soldered to power, its a GC controller. If its soldered to ground, its a matrix controller. One code, all controllers.

Timing of the rapidfire will be very tightly controlled. I want to do multi-timing selection off one button. Each press would change the timing to pre-determined output signals. This would be the best way IMO to calibrate the signals for all games.

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 08:55:13 PM »
Hazer. Got a couple handfulls of 12F683's and 16F684's if you need stuff to try code on. I'd gladly donate to the cause.

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 09:34:44 PM »
the 555 timer chip i came up with iv used on old/new wired and wireless. no bugs "yet" other then it will slow down with bad batteries good batteries it rocks and no 1 shot glitch here all fully auto and fast . what iv found is this ......\

if you have your battery pack of and just have the plug and play charge kit in (just the wire no batteries or power pack) there is no issues at all of any kind...

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
i garantee ebay prices will drop, very soon

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=353574&mpage=5
Go the the attachment at the bottom.
Nkurzman has a good start.
Sounds like it works on the newer wireless.....

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • SparkMods - The Mod Repository
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 06:58:23 PM »
hazer...any chance I can be on the open source team. As you, I really want to learn to code these darn chips...I get my programmer tomorrow (monday). And, I am reaching my break through with the code that I started. You can use it as a template for the open source code. PM me or just replay here....

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »
Let me clarify what's been going back and forth between threads for those of you who don't want to read too much.
The code already exists in multiple places for Rapid Fire using Tact switches.
The chip is sending a constant signal out of 2 pins, which are attached to Tact Switches.
The other side of the tact switch is connected to the middle pin of the triggers.
Simply pressing the tact switch completes the Circuit.

There was a request to have a 12F683 chip used to do a Spit Fire mod.
Spitfire is a bit different, where the tact switches are used to turn off and on rapid fire.
Here was the original request.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20459.0

As you can see, King Mike had issues trying to figure out the code to get it to work as the eBay seller did.
He went as far as spending his own money on the chip, but the seller had locked the code.

Apparently, he has the code working correctly, because he's selling the kits on his site.
The only downside is that several of us had bought kits to program our chips thinking the code would be released once King Mike figured it out. We were wrong.

I'm all for turning the rapid fire off and on using the sync switch, but I would also like to be able to use the tact switches for those of us people who double wield pistols in Halo 3. I'm assuming you'd program the chip for this, but only use 1 pin instead of 2 if you're using the sync button.

I HIGHLY suggest reading this thread.
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=353574

K8LH has several attachments, one of his latest being the code.
I'll message him and let him know there's an open source project going on here.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:43:12 PM by OpTiCz »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 07:46:07 PM »
Thank you all for the support. At the moment I am good  :tup:.

I have been going through the various information on all the sites regarding this project. RCD over at X-S has done some pretty good background work already.

For the moment, I am just going through the hardware. This will not be a hard project. If you visited my site, this whole entire project falls under the 'beginner' catagory as all we are talking about is overlaying a simple pulse circuit over the trigger contacts. The hard part will be to do it in an easy to implment manner across as many controllers as possible without causing harm to the controller.

Which brings me to my next point: The very first thing that concerns me with most of the rapidfire methods done thus far could potentially damage your controller. Maybe, maybe not. Currently, alot of people are pulsing the full 3V power supply directly to the wiper pin. The trigger pot itself is only supplied with regulated 1.5V from the controller. This was done so that as the battery dies, your output from the wiper did not degrade as well. The inputs into the single Microsoft chip is expecting a 1.5V to 0V signal, and most of the projects on these forums are pumping 3V directly into it. The one 555 timer circuit done over at X-S at least uses transistors to tie the wiper pin voltage to the 1.5V source or ground. So far, there have not been alot of reports that controllers are dying everywhewre, so I could just be over-cautious. But there are more concerns. If for say you have the PIC drop 3V Directly into the wiper, it will pump excessive current over the top end of the pot since the 1.5V source goes to all the potentiometers for all the analog controls.

Anyways, I have some optocouplers coming in the mail to test. I would preffer to keep it simple by using just a resistor in series though.

I have already determined that most of these designs use a 50% duty cycle and I want to test if reducing that will help get better results in-game. There should be no reason to have any more than a 10ms step pulse and just vary the frequency for each game.

I also need to ask, if it came down to 2 choices, what would everyone preffer: Rapidfire from a seperate button installed, or rapidfire from the original trigger that can be turned off? It may have all to do with how the PIC connects to the wiper.

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »
Ok...I ahve a better idea hazer...i will pm it to you (just so I can be in the lil opensource group! :D).

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
Opticx: thanks for the link. I had read through that back when gameroms started it. It snice to see others interested purely for the challenge of it.

Just to clarify a few things: I currently have an old and new Wireless controllers to start with. I am evaluating the hardware. I have already determined a simple (yet safe) way to wire the PIC to each controller for your basic tactile->rapidfire on each trigger. I am about to determine the best way to interface for the sleeper version.

In that link, they were right about having to use a tristate switching on the wiper. But it may not have to be directly through the PIC.

All of my code is done in assembly and I test it in MPLAB simulator for syntax errors before I even burn the chip. I can get a direct simulation of button presses and timings on outputs. I also have a very good understanding of exactly what the PIC hardawre is doing. This is one of the downfalls of using higher-end languages for programming PICs. There is alot of misunderstanding and misconfiguration of chips using C or BASIC.

As I get more hardware tests done, I will keep everyone informed. Coding will probably begin late this week.

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »
My vote is for using the triggers (spitfire).
Why not post code for both?
I'm sure if you figureout spitfire, the latter will be just as easy.

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »
Sounds good.
Like I said, I'm up for testing anything.
Can you post a diagram on how I should have my IC socket wired on my controller so I can put it back together?
If you have a pretty good idea of what pins you'll be using, and if there won't be any resistors, that would be awesome.
I have no familiarities with programming, just eager to test.
There's some good idea's I've had too, but not sure how they would work.
Another cool thing would be using the Player 3 and 4 to tell if rapid fire is on as previously mentioned, and also having burst fire modes.
Maybe 1 click turns on 3 round burst, 2 within 2 seconds turns on full auto, and 3 would turn them off.
Just an idea :)

illusionistpro

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 09:27:03 PM »
A nice set of features would be a chip that is able to do spitfire/rapidfire meaning the option of triggers or buttons.  Dualies of course.  On-off for those doing triggers, sync button isnt bad, some people like switches, wont be a programming issue either way.  Personally I think mikes chips are pretty close to everything I could need.  I cant wait to see what you can do.

uilleann

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »
I am up for helping out here with testing. I have a few different controllers and have been testing out the codes on here http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=353574&mpage=6 . There is a working code there for on/off using tact switches and the original trigger to fire on the newer cg controller. I can't get it to work on the matrix ones. I imagine it is just a small adjustment in the program as the matrix ones the centre trigger pin goes to .3 v from 2.5v when fireing compared to the cg which increases in voltes to 2.5v when fireing.

Offline Crazy Germans

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »
Well I'd just like to let you know that I love the steps you guys are takin with this.  Once the code is released, prices on ebay will plumet. 

And also, I'm up for testing any code.  I should be ordering a programmer soon, I have no idea how to program, but I do led mods for lots of people so I run through controllers real fast.  If you need something tested on different types of controllers then I'm here to help.  Throw me a pm if you need any extra testing done.

Offline h311jump3r

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 12:52:40 AM »
here is a snippet(most of it) of the PM i sent hazer (to keep u in the know):

this is to get into your good graces and into the open source team.  :tup:

Ok, say the user has some controllers (maybe one of a specific board style). Okay, lets say that we give a code to each specific controller type...ummm, lets do this by...making a boot time of 5-10 seconds on the controller and the chip when the controller is turned on. So, in the beginning of the code in the pic would be like:

wait 10 seconds, if user inputs certain combination of keys (that identify the controller board style), then match the keys with predefined keys to a specific controller style, copy this bit of information into the EEPROM (not RAM, RAM gets erased) or a part of the chip that doesn't get erased without a power source.

Once we have a match, we make an if then goto command that takes us to the controller style specific subroutine.

This will mean that we can make a tutorial, tell people what the codes are, how to find their controller style and how to configure their chip. Then we tell them which wires to use for each controller style...etc.

also, they can set variable speeds by using this method...lets say that if the chip reads (righttrigger (GPIO.#), leftrigger(GPIO.#)) RT,RT,RT,RT,RT makes it really fast, while LT,LT,LT,LT,LT makes it really slow (around 5 presses a second). And different combinations of the triggers to get different settings that are saved into the eeprom...

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it should work (or we can find a way).

Also, I created a website today and would like you to visit it to see if you like it to be the headquarters of this mod. I would like this because I will get new members (since the site was made today) and also, it will be better than AcidMods.com because I will implement a way for you to maintain a "project" just like sourceforge. Right now :censored:.com is in beta but it is fully functional. Check it out and tell me what you think (btw, you can bring your tutorials over to :censored: as soon as I set the tutorial section up (wayyy different than the usual tutorial management...forum-wise)...

sooo, ya...I have more ideas...

-H311JUMP3R
A.K.A N0RIG

*Give :censored: a try. Remember I jsut created it and IT WILL get better. This is not my first website...

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 04:48:20 AM »
Not bad.
Joomla is the shizznit.
Careful how you do that; you don't want to start taking Acidmod's community elsewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal