Author Topic: PSP Home Screen issue  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
PSP Home Screen issue
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:40:22 AM »
'lo chaps. I'm trying to track down the source of an issue with the home screen on a PSP I've bought. It has been the recipient of a new UMD drive, but that's it. When I go into a game, and I push the home button, the only keys that are recognised are Home and the volume buttons. Does anybody have any ideas here? It has 3.70 official firmware.

Slimby

Slimby for prez.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: PSP Home Screen issue
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 12:50:02 AM »
so this only happens in games? and so its only the screen and note button? have you checked that you put the flex cable in the connector right and completly. If not that then I would think most likely a fault in the homebar unit itself or the powerboard where it connects to. Last resort I have heard you can hardwire it but i recon thats a bid risky, soldering a plasic flex cable sounds a lil dodge to me. Sorry i couldn't be of more help

Good to see u round these parts again Slimby meh Kiwi Modding Mate :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 12:57:26 AM »
I did think of that, and come tomorrow I'm going to open it up and doublecheck my connections, but it just doesn't gel right. The only problems are in games, and only when the home button is pressed. It seems like a software issue, but after upgrading to 3.70 and it still not working properly, I don't quite know what to do.

Slimby

PS: I always poke my head in every once in a while, just to see what's up.

Slimby for prez.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »
so this only happens in games? and so its only the screen and note button? have you checked that you put the flex cable in the connector right and completly. If not that then I would think most likely a fault in the homebar unit itself or the powerboard where it connects to. Last resort I have heard you can hardwire it but i recon thats a bid risky, soldering a plasic flex cable sounds a lil dodge to me. Sorry i couldn't be of more help

Good to see u round these parts again Slimby meh Kiwi Modding Mate :tup:

I'm from NZ too lol. Why wouldn't it be a software problem? If it works out of game then it could be a glitch in software... but idk

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 01:00:18 AM »
mabe just upgrade it then or reflash it or somthing.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »
It's a software issue, I'm 100% positive. If I had a pandora battery (got sent up to a friend along with my PSP/memory stick) I'd already have pandora'd it, and if it had been 3.50 I could have Lumines downgraded it, but no dice. What's the best, current, firmware version? I've been way too out of the loop for way too long.

Slimby

Slimby for prez.

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 01:25:47 AM »
It's a software issue, I'm 100% positive. If I had a pandora battery (got sent up to a friend along with my PSP/memory stick) I'd already have pandora'd it, and if it had been 3.50 I could have Lumines downgraded it, but no dice. What's the best, current, firmware version? I've been way too out of the loop for way too long.

Slimby

4.01m33-2 for custom firmware. Not sure about whats best for ofw.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 01:34:38 AM »
just upgrade it to the newest firmware and see if that helps. I would suggest upgrading to 4.05. It has alot of bug fixes. Also if that dosent work, don't worry about it because you can still use a pandora to downgrade/fix it.

Also you could try this first: turn your psp completely off. Hold triangle, square, start, and select at the same time when you start your psp up. I guess this flashes part of the psp's os and restores to factory settings. Also I guess itcleares up problems sometimes.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Sanctus

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 02:20:35 AM »
just upgrade it to the newest firmware and see if that helps. I would suggest upgrading to 4.05. It has alot of bug fixes. Also if that dosent work, don't worry about it because you can still use a pandora to downgrade/fix it.

It won't work because its not flashing the whole firmware it only changing certain files.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal