Author Topic: odd problem  (Read 1244 times)

Offline MrRetep

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
odd problem
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »
ok So A freind of mine wanted his controller modded I agreed to do the mod...So I bought one of the RapidfFire kits from here. So installed it sleeper style( which I have done about 4 times before no issues) And I go to test the controller It works! (kind of) Rapidfire is flawless. BUT I go to turn it off.....Nothing happens Rapidfire remains on. i click it again nothing. Click a 3rd time it works. Basically its not a constant thing sometimes it works but most of the time on/off doesnt work. So i unsolder try a different kit. same thing, I rewire,retest, re everything. So then I figure its the controller(A black one) so we switch for a Halo 3 edition..Same problem:( So now im not sure what it is. Ive done this mod before with no issues at all. So any and all help is welcome :beg:

Here are some pictures of my soldering points...dunno if it will help but id figure id post them anyway( Yes im not very good at soldering...but i get the job done :tup:....well except for this time..lol
(i just realized looking at this picture that my solder is making contact with another trace...isuue?)

Offline MrRetep

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: odd problem
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
Ok so i just tried it with an external button and it works flawlessly....But then its not sleeper:( So if we cant figure out sleeper at least i know adding a button works.

Offline MrRetep

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:54:12 PM »
Well i couldnt really figure out the problem...So i just added a button

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »
to fix it all you do put a 0.1UF Cap On + and - of the chip or controller .. that will fix your sleeper
Here The link :
0.1µF 50V Hi-Q Ceramic Disc Capacitor

You Jump Pin 8 and pin 1     so look like this     pin 1  +  ....{.1uf}.... + Pin 8

Note :  Next time you order Please note if you doing matrix as i do have a Code that works on Matrix
as a sleeper with out a problem so you don't have to use a Cap.

OR you can use cap up to you .. Both ways Work
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:18:19 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline MrRetep

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »
Thanks for the tip Mike! Will definitley do next time :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal