Author Topic: ** Need Someone to Test for me..  (Read 4665 times)

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
** Need Someone to Test for me..
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:26:31 PM »
 (USING MY 555 CHIP)
ok seeing how i cant really do much of anything at the moment cuz of my arm. and im out of 555 timer chips agin. i need someone to test somthing for me.

ok so heres what im thinking i know on the trigger it has to make a connection to at lest 2 of the pins for it to send the fire signal and im thinking its the back one. so if thats true it means that the back one would be ground and the middle would bet pos. (if im thinking right i cant test i need someone to test it for me.) then what we would need to do is take the ground and instead of wiring it to the (-) wire it is the bottom pin. and keep the middle pin the same. and if this works what we should get is when you push down the trigger it should be rapid fire. and if not try the top pin with the pos. .......... i know there are 2 pins or maybe all 3 that have to be connected for the fire command to work. this is how we get it to fire win we hook the wire to the pos side the led and then to the middle pin. (on the older controllers.) if anyone can test this for me and if you cant find anything i WILL when i get better.

illusionistpro

Re: ** Need Someone to Test for me..
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:08:42 AM »
ill be your test rat, seeing how ive been waiting with 2 dissembled controllers on my desk with 555 chips wired and ready to go.  If you could clarify a little that would be great.  Im a little foggy on what you want me to wire where.  Pos to top, and neg to bottom? of the 3 trigger ones, leaving the middle as is?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:45:11 AM »
ill test it to, but let me try and clarify. there is a positive wire with the switch in it going to middle pin on the trigger. the negative is going to the mic's negative. unsolder the negative at the mic and solder it to the bottom pin on the trigger, and see if that works. silly, if you did this, wouldnt you have to hold down the momentary switch, then you could use the trigger? you could get an on/off switch, but theres no way my tact switch is coming out now lol

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
yes winterz got it to a T i was thing on a on/off switch if it works. so do just what you said and see if it works thanks btw ,

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »
ok ill test it out right now, my controller is dissasembled because im putting leds in

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 01:08:50 PM »
winterz i just tested it the best i could with my hand missed up like it is and i cam up on this.....

you have to use the tob and bottom pin. so im gussing with it makes the connection to them all it fires.

Edit***** rumble motor plugs work,,, instead of hooking the pos. from the 555 chip to the bored hook it to both rumble motors pos. feed and when you hit the trigger it should be rapid :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:36:17 PM by SillyNuts »

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:55:01 PM »
I know hooking it directly to the rumble isn't that good, is it better with the 555 timer connected?  I would test this here in a lil bit if so.

Hawk

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »
ok sry man now im confused... hook the positive from the chip to both positives of the rumble motors, neg to mic neg or rumble negs? also, the wire with the switches still goes to the middle pin? and is there any way i can set this up still using the momentary switches? because my tact switch is glued in there so tight id ruin the controller and the switch taking it out. also, if you can confirm this stuff ill draw up a diagram and test it right now with wired and wireless

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 04:35:05 PM »
no just run 2 pos. feeds from the rumbles to the chip cuz the rumble do not put out that much power so we need the power from both ?

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 05:14:08 PM »
ok so if you want to do this, here is an accurate diagram, yet to be tested by me. i will be testing soon, ill keep you guys posted

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:15:43 PM by Winterz117 »

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
everything is right but the top pin that needs to go to the middle.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »
ok gotcha will update right now, and hopefully test soon :P you havent tested this right?

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 07:15:20 PM »
no i havent tested it i cant test it my arm is broke.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »
alright the diagram is updated i will test it soon

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »
the dig is still rong bro the neg goes where it would norm.  everything thing goes where it would norm. but the pos. thay go to the rumble .... thats the only diff

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »
why would that do anything differently?

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
becuse when you hold down the trigger it enables the rumble ther for sending the power it needs to the chip ? get it

illusionistpro

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 01:09:56 AM »
 :tup: Just tried it and it works.  New pin out is pin 1 to right rumble pos.  Pin8 to trigger bottom pin. Pin3 to trigger middle. 

I just thought of something...because of the way this works...Basically the rumble motor determines when you rapid fire, and we are activating the motors by firing in the first place, however what if our gun doesnt set off the rumble i.e. grenades or explosions.  And what if youre carrying an explosive weapon, this could be fatal.  Going to end up shooting a rocket into a wall when some one tosses a grenade near me.  Not sure if this would even happen, but it could, in theory.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:14:07 AM by illusionistpro »

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 06:11:40 AM »
also if you get shot, or going to randomly shoot also, I just thought of that my self, and that may not be a good thing when you empty ur clip before you get turned around to kill the kid.

Hawk

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 06:23:50 AM »
do we need to buy an on off switch or does the momentary tact switch work? also thanks for explaining i get it now :P

also, that means the diagram is right, right? illusionistpro just described the diagram. and ilusionist did you only put power to one rumble?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:36:28 AM by Winterz117 »

illusionistpro

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 11:06:49 AM »
Yea i wired it straight, no switches.  I cant imagine the tact switch working as an on off in this case.  I would think that a momentary would certainly help you keep from shooting every time the rumble goes, but then we couldve just used that as a fire button...

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
i tried this, and it didnt work for me at all, the rapid fire was on all the time and the left analog as dragging down and to the right for some reason, it was weird

illusionistpro

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 08:21:52 PM »
i tried this, and it didnt work for me at all, the rapid fire was on all the time and the left analog as dragging down and to the right for some reason, it was weird

wire it up like the diagram but just the right pins.  Be especially mindful when doing the power because it has to go to the motor.  Like silly said, this method is a little buggy because its based on the premise that the chip is powered when the motor is powered.  Keeping that in mind, its really about controlling the motor to control the rapid fire.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 06:35:39 AM »
oh gotcha

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:05:06 AM »
ok my hand is a lil better now so im working on a few diff ways to do "sleeper" rapid fire with my 555 chip :D well have somthing soon.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 08:28:37 AM »
cool glad to hear your arm is feeling better :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal