Author Topic: No Solder PSP Dual Joystick / Nub  (Read 6651 times)

Offline Fmstrat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
No Solder PSP Dual Joystick / Nub
« on: August 23, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
So, I'm not sure anyone has tried this before.  Before I post it in the tutorial section, I wanted to get input on if there is a better way to do it.  Basically this is a joystick mod that fits over the buttons on the PSP, instead of being hard wired on the inside.  I had a spare X-Box controller laying around and realized the internals would work.  It actually works pretty well, as long as I don't get too violent with the joystick, in which case the rubber pads release from the buttons and it moves.

Anyway, here it is: http://www.triangletuners.com/howto/NoSolderPSPDualNub/index.php

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: No Solder PSP Dual Joystick / Nub
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »
OMG that is so simple yet genious, although i dont happen to have a xbox controller to rip apart but i have a few spare PS2 ones so ill give it a crack now, ill post back with my results later =)

Offline Fmstrat

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »
Thanks.  I'd really like to try to find some mini suction cups.  One could be used to hold it in between the buttons, or even 4 of them, one for each button instead of the rubber covers.

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »
Ye possibly by replacing the rubber feet for much stronger suction cups you will be able to have ,much great control over the buttons and they wont fall off so easy. Im trying to think of an alternate solution to connect them though as the sups are still prone to fall.

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »
its a really simple idea, but...its functionality is questionable. i dont think it would be very good, it just wouldnt have the same feel
It's been a long time

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:26:23 AM »
If Fmstrat doesnt mind ill make one of these and record a video of it. Ill also post my review of how useful and functional it is.

Offline PSPMAN90

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 06:12:11 PM »
Well is actually a cool Idea  :tup: I have to try this rigth away, to feel it.

Tell me how does it feel, strange or smooth, rough or like were u press the D-pad?

Thanks 4 this cheap and non-destructive way to have a second nub for the PSP  :clap:

[Noob question]The Nub can be remove to use the buttons as buttons after using the nub?

Thanks

PSPMAN90

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal